Necchi Bu Mira

Old 07-05-2017, 06:22 PM

Default Necchi Bu Mira

I know. I said no more machines. These high quality odd-ball machines intrigue me, though.

This one is coming up for auction. It's hard to tell from the photo what kind of shape it's in. It's hard to believe the cabinet is that bad and the machine is not equally bad. But, it looks pretty good. So far, no one has bid on it. But, of course, there are several days to go.

Do you think it's worth messing with?

bkay

http://www.dallasonlineauctioncompan...cgi?doac15/106
Old 07-06-2017, 03:13 AM

I really enjoy sewing on my BU Mira. Like the one up for auction, mine came with the Wonder Wheel option (for decorative stitches - not used yet). Mine only has one of the two stainless steel rods for the WW, but I have other machines for decorative stitching. It sews very smoothly, has a very pretty zz stitch, is easy to control at low speeds (2-speed motor); but is very sensitive to being kept clean (I have read that Necchis have very tight machining tolerances). I paid $25 for mine in a nice (original?) cabinet at a local Habitat ReStore. Go for it!

Go for it
Old 07-06-2017, 03:24 AM

That's the sort of machine well worth paying a bit for. It's just that we hardly want to pay anything when we are on our 4. and 5. machine lol

It's one of the nicer models and a very nice cabinet too. I guess someone who will use it and enjoy working on it deserve something like this Necchi :- )