Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Need Advice on Powder Worm eBay Situation. >

Need Advice on Powder Worm eBay Situation.

Need Advice on Powder Worm eBay Situation.

Old 05-04-2014, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by Vridar View Post
For anyone interested in the original listing it is here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hand-Turned-...vip=true&rt=nc
Hi Vridar, Now that you sent the link to the eBay ad, it is indeed very clear to anyone who knows wood that there are worm holes everywhere.

So, if they did not set off your alarm bells (which is understandable because most of us really didn't/don't know what to look for), then there is every reason to believe that the seller also did not know to have alarm bells.

Also, if I was a dispute agent at eBay, and if you showed me pictures of worm holes and then I referred back to the ad, I would say, "But clearly the worm holes are evident on the photos; so, I think the seller was not deceiving, and the buyer could have asked, pre-sale, about that."

I think the seller seems very frank in their ad, as they also were sure to point out the missing finish on the bed. They also phrased their shipping options very reasonably in the ad.

I really think that as much as it sucks for you to have to discard the base, really I have an intuition that the seller is every bit as blindsided on this one. Honestly. I am usually pretty good at smelling a rat, but I really don't think this seller was trying to pull one over on you.

Good luck to you. I think you will be great at making a new base, and it will look great in the end.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:42 PM
Power Poster

Is the MACHINE as described?