need help to identify machine

Old 06-15-2023, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by nickie876 View Post
well yes the motor differences for sure but there are just inconsistency with what that machine has or looks like compared to mine. ...
From my vantage the important parts are the same.
  • the bobbin winder
  • the tension assembly
  • the stitch length regulator
  • the slide plates
  • the needle plate
  • the take up lever
  • the thread guides
  • the pressure regulator
  • the presser foot
  • the shuttle
It looks like maybe the foot controller has the just a little different plug, but very similar.

... also the attachments are definitely different years as they are so different. ...
Most of the attachments should be very close to the manual. The tucker and the ruffler could very well be different as there were many patents for those attachments, but should be able to figure out (if familiar to the purpose and way they work).

... but even so it didn't have a specific model name on the front if i recall correctly.
It has Seamstress B on it. Seamstress is a badged name for a National made machine. Seamstress was used by other manufacturers as well. The manufacturer would make a machine and whoever would put whatever name they wanted on the machine. While not a complete list, there is a list of many of the badged names for National machines at http://needlebar.org/main/makers/usa...nal/index.html

You haven't shown any of the attachments in your album. I think you can make the images a little larger to post in your album. I know you can't post any larger than 2MB in a post, but I don't know if there is a limit for albums.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Old 06-18-2023, 01:31 PM

This could be a very old Singer. Try to find the Serial number on it and check the Singer website. At one time it had a place to check out info on old machines by the serial number.

Old 06-18-2023, 02:05 PM

Mrs V, this is not a Singer. I don't remember any domestic Singer machine that has an inspection plate in the front on the pillar.

Old 06-19-2023, 12:40 AM

i know the model is seamstress b i meant the manual pieces that i got does not specify a model on front cover. also as i said motor is different as mine is driving by the rubber wheel exact to the bobbin winder tire and not a pulley driven as in pic on manual and that manual has the foot pedal with different shape and the cords way different connectors when mine is one from the wall to machine with this three way separater and a mini attached cord to machine. the bobbin winder tire in manual looks like the motor.... that pulley flat wheel thing when mine as i said is a literal little tire, also my bobbin winder is mounted at the base of machine and it lays flat on table when not needed. in manual its mounted high on machine. my spool pin is in middle of machine so that accounts for difference in the rest of the bobbin winder look. the hand wheel in manual seems ridiculously small compared to mine. since it has to meet with the bobbin winder thats much lower mounted as i said. and my brake wheel thing you turn so stops sewing mechanisms, well that is deeper inside balance wheel but im sure they make it look stuck out to show its there .
For the thread guides, my machine has this peg on the right side of what the manual lists as (B) friction thread guide. the manual as no such thing. i do agree there is no differnce i can see with the plates and the stitch regulator etc.
I did make an album with individual pics of my attachments and they are public.
The binder attachment in expert bt manual is very different from mine. there is no "hole" on my machinefor the quilter to be attached as it shows in manual. so no clue how could ever use that. there are more but i dont have them infront of me. also my machine does not have a take up cover as the machine in manual does. i only am overly explAINing the differences because i want to show there are many and it does make it harder. but i do appreciate you and all your help and this is like a lively conversation or debate which is really healthy actually. thank you all
Old 06-19-2023, 09:16 AM

I have a foot controller like yours, but can't put my hands on it right now. Your controller does have the round plug.

You didn't add any pictures of your motor or where it plugs in. "that pulley flat wheel thing when mine as i said is a literal little tire" I have seen someone put a Lego tire on there. And it is possible that the machine was originally a treadle that later got a motor put on. That happened a lot, so there were motors added later. Some to work with the larger hand wheel and some switched out the hand wheel when the motor was put on.

Kind of interesting that it is the binder was different, just not adjustable nor as many slots. I was expecting the ruffler and tucker to be different.