Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Needing some help I don't know what happened!!! >

Needing some help I don't know what happened!!!

Needing some help I don't know what happened!!!

Old 06-19-2020, 04:27 PM

Default Needing some help I don't know what happened!!!

I have a 43 model white rotary. Ive been using it for years. I refilled my bobbin and now it won't sew! The upper thread just gets wrapped around the bobbin! I've been looking on YouTube and can't find any solutions. And just today the bobbin falls out when I try to run the machine! Help!
Old 06-19-2020, 06:17 PM

Welcome. Sorry this is happening after years of service. These bobbin cases can be a little fiddly to get threaded and installed correctly. It could be that the springs in the the bobbin case have 'sprung' and don't set on the spindle correctly. With the shape or the bobbin case is, hard to imagine it is upside down. Also, is the bobbin thread going the correct direction while going into the bobbin. Someone did a pictorial tutorial of threading a White bobbin at Directions for loading a White rotary bobbin (White Family Rotary, etc.) You can click on the picture for a larger view of the thumbnail, but you will have to use the browser's back arrow to go back to the original post. Or you can right click and "Open Link in New Tab" to open the pictures in a different tab, while leaving the original post already loaded in another tab.

Do you have a manual for your machine?

Should you wish to post pictures of your machine or of the problem area -- We like pictures. In order to post pictures on Quilting Board, you will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB. How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Old 06-20-2020, 08:43 PM

Did you try a different bobbin. It could be bent?
Old 06-21-2020, 04:07 AM

Be sure that not even the tiniest piece of thread is in the bobbin case or chamber.
Old 06-21-2020, 10:23 AM
Power Poster

Sounds like your bobbin case isn't "locking in" when you put it back after changing a bobbin.
Old 06-21-2020, 10:49 AM

Has it been a long time since you gave it a thorough cleaning and oiling? It could as mentioned be fluff, piece of thread or broken tip of needle stuck some where. I would inspect the bobbin case too. Sometimes you need to sit down and spend a bit of time cleaning out all edges and corners, have the throat plate off, race and hook, maybe even poke corners and edges with a tooth pick. It could make the bobbin case click back in place again. With a bit of inspection, observation and poking around the origin of the trouble is usually identified.