Needle breaking

Old 11-17-2011, 11:05 AM

I took her to the "doctor" and they said it would be $90 to even look at her. I backed away quickly.
I'm going to take the tape off and put her regular foot back on. I'm going to use her for sewing only (which she doesn't mind doing at all) and buy a quilting machine.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:36 AM

Watch out for thread spools with notches or stick on labels (ie. Coats). The thread is fine but the thread catches in the notch or partially torn off labels can stick on the bottom of the spool pin. I have and use thread from Connecting Threads. No problems, like it a lot. I use a medium grey cone and a cone holder with my Husky +1-works great. Not so much with my little White quilters lightweight portable I take to classes and retreats. Messes up the stitch on the underside. I have to use thread on the spool pin with the White. I like the White but it is a little noisier than the +1- kind of clanky. Don't like the quarter foot with the machine. I use reg. Foot and left right adjustment.

Last edited by Bearpawquilter; 11-17-2011 at 11:38 AM.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by Bearpawquilter View Post
Watch out for thread spools with notches or stick on labels (ie. Coats). The thread is fine but the thread catches in the notch or partially torn off labels can stick on the bottom of the spool pin. I have and use thread from Connecting Threads. No problems, like it a lot. I use a medium grey cone and a cone holder with my Husky +1-works great. Not so much with my little White quilters lightweight portable I take to classes and retreats. Messes up the stitch on the underside. I have to use thread on the spool pin with the White. I like the White but it is a little noisier than the +1- kind of clanky. Don't like the quarter foot with the machine. I use reg. Foot and left right adjustment.
Good idea, but this is straight off the cone. The cone is just a few months old and was covered in plastic until a few weeks ago. I think there is a little adjustment on the machine that needs to be made but I'll be darned if I'm going to pay a professional $90 to do it to a $50 machine!!