New Addition

Old 01-28-2020, 09:14 PM

Default From the hills of KY

Nice! Love it!
Old 01-28-2020, 10:33 PM

Congratulations! Enjoy using it, it can be lots of fun.
Old 04-23-2020, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by leonf View Post
Watch out for stray threads in the bobbin case. FWs are quite picky there..
Thx Leon, I've read online about this and hopefully doesn't put me off the machine if it tends to happen regular but i expect routine maintenance will keep it in check [img]images/smilies/thumbup.png[/img]

Anyways, a quick update on the FW i purchased back in Jan (not long after signing up here lol impulse buy i think). I finally got round to ordering & receiving the following parts today ;
1. Belt
2. Motor Brushes & Cap Screws
3. Foot Controller & Bed replacement rubber feet.
4. Light socket & bulb
5. Felt Drip Pad
6. New wiring for foot controller

Everything been done now with the exception of re-greasing/oiling which will follow a cuppa. Haven't sewed on it other than testing but damn....it's so quiet and very impressed with the stitch quality. I can see the appeal many people have with them. Just waiting on a delivery of some more fabric & hard to get elastic so perfect timing to try out the FW shortly.

Thanks all for the previous comments...appreciated.
Old 07-06-2020, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
Hiya all, new to site and thought i'd show what i was able to pick up yesterday unexpectedly. Needs the usual rewire, etc. Was a good day yesterday
Congrats, She looks so pretty to need a rewire, What was wrong with her ?

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-06-2020 at 04:11 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 07-06-2020, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by craftiladi View Post
Congrats, She looks so pretty to need a rewire, What was wrong with her ?
Hiya Dee, the FW in question was cosmetically in good condition (minor wear through use). I generally re-wire the power supply on all older machines regardless of condition of existing. The light fitting was replaced also as it was worn out but i would of replaced the original anyway just to remove the piece of nasty degrading lead inside which was used to protect the cable back in the days. Other then the stitch length indicator being damaged, it was just the usual strip down, clean/lube and replace all the old rubber feet, etc.
Was expensive overall when i add it all up in CAD but this auld guy still smiles that he now has a good as new FW. Some older machines just need to be saved for future use i say.
Anyways, thanks for your reply and enjoy yer day

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-06-2020 at 04:11 PM.
Old 07-06-2020, 08:12 AM

How Darling!!!! Enjoy your new machine!!
Old 07-07-2020, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Ladywingnut View Post
How Darling!!!! Enjoy your new machine!!
Has been in use every day since (for a couple of hours at most) repairs. Enjoyment and smiles all the way. Thanks.
Old 07-07-2020, 06:37 AM

She is a beauty! Welcome aboard! I know it will sing when she is rewired and ready to go. Congratulations.
Old 07-08-2020, 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
Hiya Dee, the FW in question was cosmetically in good condition (minor wear through use). I generally re-wire the power supply on all older machines regardless of condition of existing. The light fitting was replaced also as it was worn out but i would of replaced the original anyway just to remove the piece of nasty degrading lead inside which was used to protect the cable back in the days. Other then the stitch length indicator being damaged, it was just the usual strip down, clean/lube and replace all the old rubber feet, etc.
Was expensive overall when i add it all up in CAD but this auld guy still smiles that he now has a good as new FW. Some older machines just need to be saved for future use i say.
Anyways, thanks for your reply and enjoy yer day
Well thank-you for saving her. Wish you were closer I have a Red Eye that needs a lot of TLC