Old Ken Quilt darning foot

Old 12-17-2018, 11:51 AM

Default Old Ken Quilt darning foot

ISO information on what type of quilting foot is used on an old Ken Quilt 622 quilting machine? Does it have to be Name specific or are there options out there that will fit? I'm hoping to find one soon, this has been driving my mother crazy for years. Thank You to all you lovely quilters out there! Dee

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-17-2018 at 01:23 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 12-18-2018, 12:45 AM

https://www.longarmquiltingsupplies....arningfoot.htm They're out of stock right now, but maybe they'll have some after Christmas. I need a new one also. Good luck, and Merry Christmas!
Old 12-25-2018, 10:17 PM

I believe those have been out of stock for some time now. Hard to imagine no one else makes this foot to fit the ken quilt. But I thank you for your reply.
Old 12-27-2018, 10:53 AM

It shouldn't be too difficult to get a foot that works with the Kenquilt. I don't have one in front of me, and there's only one video that shows the foot in operation. It appears to be a high shank foot (measure it). The video shows a foot similar to the first link. Most of the needle bar, and presser bar centerlines are so close that any foot that the needle will go through will work. The Kenquilt does not have a "hopping" pressure bar, so the foot needs to have some vertical adjustment, rather than fixed.

They call it a "darning foot," but most darning feet are hopping. If the needle bar screw is located properly, a hopping foot could be made to work. What is referred to as an embroidery foot more closely describes what is shown on the long arm parts site. If the needle bar screw is located such that a traditional hopping, darning foot will work, I'd think the Kenquilt would benefit from this.

The second link shows a quilting foot, which is sometimes referred to as a "bowl foot," because of the shape. This would work as well as long as the needle penetrates without needle strike.

There's no reason a ruler foot such as the Westalee or Clarity wouldn't work either. Both have vertical adjustment.

You can find a foot that works. You just have to do a little legwork.

https://www.sewingpartsonline.com/qu...er-160342.aspx

https://www.sewingpartsonline.com/qu...inger-qs1.aspx