Pfaff info?

Old 06-17-2018, 09:23 PM

Default Pfaff info?

Does anyone know what year Pfaff stopped using the drop in cams?
Old 06-18-2018, 04:02 PM

I bought a brand new Pfaff 262 in 1968. It has the embroidery stitches, but there is a circular dial card, and it tells you what number to turn the dial to inorder to produce that particular design. I also have a Pfaff 130, made in 1950. It has attached to the back what is often called "The Coffee Grinder" but is also for stitching out individual designs, and many are the same designs that are on my Pfaff 262, but the dialing is totally different. It is something that the dealers in the U.S. added to the machine if customer wanted to purchase as an extra feature. I never really knew or heard of Pfaff having drop in cams but that doesn't mean they were not made, like the Singers had. My Pfaff 262 is the machine on the right in my avatar picture.
Old 06-18-2018, 05:28 PM

Alright, Thanks for the info! A friend of mine is getting rid of some of her grandmothers things, one of which is a Pfaff, and asked me if I wanted it for nothing, before she tried to sell it. I don't know the model number yet. My brother is going up to Rolla in the next few weeks, so is going to check it out and if it is still in decent condition, bring it back to me. All I knew for sure, is that she said it had drop in cams, and I was pretty sure that would have to be something from the 60's or earlier, which is why I asked on here I know my dressmaker has the drop in cams (and got lucky and it came with a box full of them). Just figured if anyone would know, it would be someone on here lol

...Now back to procrastinating on packing by putting together a four patch scrappy quilt top....if you are making a quilt top, does it really count as procrastination?
Old 06-18-2018, 05:44 PM

Well if my Pfaff 130 made in 1950 did not have cams that dropped in, then it must be an older machine prior to 1950. I am very curious as to the model number as well. As for quilting, piecing, etc.....I have my share of UFOs, lol.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:11 AM

hooray for the potential gift.