Pfaff ???

Old 07-19-2015, 06:47 AM
  #11  
Junior Member
 
Freaky_Quilts_Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Colorado
Posts: 193
Default

Found a couple links with info:

http://plaiderpillar.com/2011/08/vin...f-gritzner-16/
Fellow owner discussing the bobbins it takes, etc. Lots of pics.

http://mysewingmachinemanual.com/Vie...Pfaff&m=16.pdf
Buy the manual.
Freaky_Quilts_Dragon is offline  
Old 07-20-2015, 06:11 AM
  #12  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Wisconsin-Alabama Gulf Coast Snow Bird
Posts: 1,898
Default

Thank you Freaky Quilts Dragon for the links. The 1st one you posted by plaidepillar is "exactly" how mine looks right down to the same case it is housed in. The 1st page of the manual directed to Housewives is quite funny.

Jan
Cheesehead is offline  
Old 07-20-2015, 11:15 AM
  #13  
Junior Member
 
Freaky_Quilts_Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Colorado
Posts: 193
Default

Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
Thank you Freaky Quilts Dragon for the links. The 1st one you posted by plaidepillar is "exactly" how mine looks right down to the same case it is housed in. The 1st page of the manual directed to Housewives is quite funny.

Jan
Yeah, that manual - the first page of it at least - is a hoot. 'Congratulations on your incredible machine and while we did have a sales man tell you all about it very thoroughly in the name of more thorough thoroughness we made this manual for you because this sewing machine is so much sewing machine and long winded intro to what is probably a long winded manual and of course we can't just get to the point we're German engineers it's our job to be exactingly precise and use lots and lots of precisely exacting words and on and on and on...'

It's endearing that just the intro seems to take up more than one page to just let you know that it's the manual. I bet the actual instructions are very, very accurate!
Freaky_Quilts_Dragon is offline  
Old 10-31-2015, 09:28 PM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
4dogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Fletcher NC(cool, green mountains)
Posts: 646
Default

I am trying to find some info for my 84 year old friend, who just got a Pfaff 1212 given to her........she is afraid to even try to thread it without somekind of manual or directions or whatever....so far, I have not had any luck finding anything for her, except a web site that said they had one for $22.00 and I am not even sure that would be the correct one..........anyone can help me out there?????? I hope so, so I can help her..................
4dogs is offline  
Old 11-01-2015, 06:02 PM
  #15  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Washington
Posts: 4,001
Default

As everyone said, that is a great looking machine, what a nice find for you. Have fun with it.
sewbeadit is offline  
Old 11-03-2015, 09:54 AM
  #16  
Junior Member
 
monopas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 170
Default

Originally Posted by 4dogs View Post
I am trying to find some info for my 84 year old friend, who just got a Pfaff 1212 given to her........she is afraid to even try to thread it without somekind of manual or directions or whatever....so far, I have not had any luck finding anything for her, except a web site that said they had one for $22.00 and I am not even sure that would be the correct one..........anyone can help me out there?????? I hope so, so I can help her..................
When I googled "Pfaff 1212 manual" The third link I got was to a pdf of the manual for free at Pfaff.com. Here you go. Like Singer, it seems that Pfaff has made a lot of their manuals available on their website for free.
monopas is offline  
Old 11-09-2015, 09:41 PM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
4dogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Fletcher NC(cool, green mountains)
Posts: 646
Default

Originally Posted by monopas View Post
When I googled "Pfaff 1212 manual" The third link I got was to a pdf of the manual for free at Pfaff.com. Here you go. Like Singer, it seems that Pfaff has made a lot of their manuals available on their website for free.
THANK YOU so much for sending this to me..i went to the web site and I printed it out for her (About a zillion pages...there goes my ink and paper) but I now have it and will take it to her, thank you SO much for finding it for me.................
4dogs is offline  
Old 11-09-2015, 11:31 PM
  #18  
Junior Member
 
monopas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 170
Default

You are very welcome! Just glad I could help. Manual hunting can be tricky. I have one of the few Kenmore machines that Sears doesn't have the manual for on their website, but luckily one of the digital manual sellers had it for sale. After my last home manual printing fiasco, I took it to an office center and had them print and bind it. It was still cheaper than a new set of printer cartridges!

I hope your friend likes her machine, now that she will have the instructions.
monopas is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Josie52
Main
5
01-24-2016 09:26 AM
gneebee
Main
26
06-30-2013 05:53 AM
MathTeacher1980
Main
16
05-09-2013 11:37 AM
EvelynAnita
For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
9
09-16-2012 07:48 AM
lovinquilting
Main
68
10-22-2010 12:56 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


FREE Quilting Newsletter