Possible IL get-to-gether

Old 02-07-2015, 06:57 PM

I would definitely try to make an Indy get-together and possibly an Illinois one too, so keep me informed as well.
Old 02-08-2015, 06:58 AM

I have several old machines to sell and I could make it in late April, but not before. Keep me in your loop please.
Old 02-08-2015, 07:45 AM
Power Poster

better not to mention machines for sale on QB - the rule makers don't like it
Old 02-08-2015, 07:57 AM

Default love to come

I live in Cleveland and would love to come to a spring get together. I will not be able to make any togas this year. So this would be wonderful
Keep me in the loop.
Judy
Old 02-08-2015, 09:51 AM

I would love to meet everyone! March is totally open but April 23rd-26th is booked. Once a date is decided I will make every effort to get there. Is this one day only or the weekend? Thanks for thinking of us all.

Lisa
Old 02-08-2015, 01:32 PM

I would love to be in on this little get- together. Are there any Hampton Inns nearby? Hubby loves HIs, and I love "meet & greets", and our Ford is big enough for me to bring along a machine or two to show off--a hand crank; a 401a that I just got for Christmas that I can't get the "noise" out of in spite of doing all the different things many of you suggested I try; a Rocketeer that I'll give to whoever wants it for parts; and in a few weeks' time, I am sure I can come up with more to make it a lot of fun.

And, if you don't have any luck setting one up in IL or IN, let's try middle TN. We have our Country Junction dance hall on the market for sale, and if it doesn't sell right away, we could use it--out in the country, lots of parking space, and lots of indoor room for milling and mingling, with a usable kitchen to boot.
Old 02-08-2015, 01:39 PM

Freeport IL has a Hampton Inn and a public library that would allow us to set up in a large meeting room (on the first floor) We just have to book it in advance, their is no fee if someone local books it. Not sure how far away Joe is but Madison is only about 70 mi.
Old 02-08-2015, 02:21 PM

If the where is still in consideration then we own a house outside of Galena with 4 extra bedrooms and at least an acre that we could set up on. Big driveway, decent kitchen and 3 bathrooms! We have had the Illinois Teardrop Camper (group my husband is involved in) outings there too. I will take dibs on the Master bedroom though! 1 bedroom on the first floor with pull out sleeper in den.
Can look it up under http://www.thegalenafarmhouse.com/
I would have to check the rental dates as we do rent it out. Let me know if you are interested but then we would have to pick a date so I could reserve it. We are in between Dubuque and Galena, 20 minutes each way.

I'm still in though where ever we decide if close enough.

Lisa
Old 02-08-2015, 04:44 PM

I would be interested in meeting near Joe....It's a bit of a long drive for me...but....

The craft shows start up again in March, but if the dates work...count me in.
Old 02-13-2015, 04:38 PM

Still interested in a get together. Anyone have more info?
Karen