Possible IL get-to-gether

Old 02-13-2015, 05:29 PM

I'm certainly making the trip to IL later this spring. The soonest I can go is the last weekend in March. I can pretty much do any weekend after that - though Easter is the first weekend in April, so that one is probably out.

I figure I can head a bit farther east than Joe's house, but not a whole lot as I've got to get back home some time on Monday at the latest.

HOWEVER - no one needs to accommodate my schedule for this - so if some other location/time works best for most of you, go for it.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:31 AM

Oh I forgot that the first weekend in April is Easter weekend. I am still up for a get together. Joe, there has to be someplace in the 'little' town of Springfield to get together. IM me if you need some help to put this together.
Old 02-15-2015, 09:40 AM

wilburness,

I'm not doing this. I would go to a get together, but I don't have the wherewithal to set one up. Also my wife has been called back to work at the temp agcy so if it's held on a week day I'll have no help with the treadles or cabinet machines. I still have that messed up shoulder.

My only contribution so far was to say that I'd love to go to a meeting, but I couldn't have it at my house cos it's tooo small.

Sorry,

Joe
Old 02-15-2015, 10:37 AM

Joe, I don't think you have to worry about help, I know I'll help and am sure there will be at least a few others more then happy to pitch in! We do need to get a place in mind though, Springfield is a somewhat big place. Once everyone knows a place and date and place we can all start planning. Does March 28th and 29th work ok for everyone?

Lisa
Old 02-15-2015, 10:38 AM

Wilburness - I'm also meeting up with Cogito at some place - so if no one is willing to set something up for IL - maybe the three of us could figure out a place to meet.

I have no problem helping out financially for something like this, but I'm not anywhere near the areas and don't know what would be available to use. However, this summer I can host a gathering if anyone is interested in coming to SD. I have lots of room for tents and RV's (including electrical hookups) and there are a variety of hotels less than 15 miles away. And even if no one brings any machines, there will still be plenty to see LOL!!

Though - if anyone is coming through and wants to stop in - we don't need a "gathering" just give me a heads up.
Old 02-15-2015, 11:03 AM

I've offer our home in Galena but I'm not sure if Joe can make it. We are 20 minutes from Dubuque and Galena which if there aren't enough rooms they could easily stay near by or camp on our property. Like I said, lots of room. Tink's Mom could meet up with me or even ride with me as I am in the the suburbs and would gladly do that. Last weekend in March is booked but could hold weekend of April 10th if anyone wants to go. Let me know.

Lisa
Old 02-15-2015, 04:03 PM

Thanks for the offer, Lisa...
I'm at craft shows this spring from the second weekend in March till middle of April...so I think I will have to pass this time. I don't want anyone holding off for me.
Old 02-16-2015, 06:44 AM

I am not sure how far we could travel for a get-to-gether. It would depend on a lot of variables.

Joe
Old 02-16-2015, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Is there a library near there that would allow a meeting? I've been thinking about a gathering in Indy, too. People seem to like to test out old vintage machines. I don't know of anything else in Indiana. Speak up if you are out there.
I would do Indy or even IL if just "Over the border".
Old 02-16-2015, 07:46 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by yobrosew View Post
I would do Indy or even IL if just "Over the border".
Well, we might be up to 3 in Indy. I'm thinking about some time when it is warmer out... bbbbrrrrrr