Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Presser foot adapter for Vintage machines >

Presser foot adapter for Vintage machines

Presser foot adapter for Vintage machines

Old 03-12-2024, 02:10 PM

Default Presser foot adapter for Vintage machines

So, I am the very lucky owner of a Kenmore model 117-959 and a Kenmore model 77 sewing machine. I’m wondering if anyone out there knows of a presser foot adapter available for these? Usually pretty good at finding anything I want online, but so far no luck. I would love to be able to use the million modern presser feet on these gorgeous work horses, but must admit I’m not smart enough to figure out how to come up with my own adapter. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!
Old 03-12-2024, 04:57 PM

Looks like both machines are straight stitch only machines. They have the dial screw that holds the foot on. So you'd want to look at Rotary machine parts. Here's a link that might help: https://www.doubleveil.net/zssmp/117.959.htm Click on the "resources page" link for more info. Good luck!
Old 03-13-2024, 07:55 AM

Default Fingers crossed

Thank you so much, I’ll definitely check that out. I’ve been thinking that if I can’t find what I need I’ll design one. I know someone talented enough to put a prototype together for me. It would be so incredibly useful for anyone that loves these old machines. I sew all my handbags on these two vintage machines and one modern serger, so an adapter would make my life simpler lol.
Old 03-13-2024, 09:19 AM

Welcome to the QuiltingBoard! I think with a little looking you can find attachments for the "top" clamp Kenmore machine. Attachments for older White machines will fit also.
Old 03-15-2024, 06:39 AM

Default Presser foot adapter

Attachments are easy enough to find, but an adapter just doesn’t seem to exist. I started drafting something up yesterday so we’ll see if I can come up with something that can be turned into a prototype. Sure would be nice!
Old 03-15-2024, 07:47 AM

Good luck. If you should come up with one, just remember that you are working with only one style of top clamp feet and it probably won't work with all top clamp feet, as seen in this chart.

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 03-15-2024 at 07:52 AM.
Old 04-07-2024, 08:52 AM

Default adapter

I actually found an adapter that was close, took it to a machinist to modify and now I am able to use every single universal presser foot on the market! The modified adapter also fits all 7 of my antique machines, even my treadle machines, whether they’re Kenmore, Singer, Davis, or Golden Sur. Is making my work so much easier!
Old 04-07-2024, 05:34 PM

Wow, that sounds amazing. Would love to see what it looks like.
Originally Posted by OurWorkbench View Post
We like pictures. In order to post pictures on Quilting Board, you will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB. How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf and on an ipad at Posting Pictures From an iPad

Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button. As shown at Standard Sewing Machine Co. Paragon

I have found that only the big red "Reply" button or "Quote" work to give me the paper clip icon to work for adding pictures.
https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...p-location.jpg

Some additional info regarding reducing images at post #4 and images for the scroll and upload button can be found at #5 of quilt block ID?

Another way to post pictures can be found at 2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap
And how to use an ipad to post pictures can be found at Uploading photos and Posting Pictures From an iPad

Or simply - Make sure pictures are smaller than 2MB
Click on red "Reply" button
Click on the paper clip icon
Click browse - choose picture/s. (only 5 allowed per post)
Once they show up as being loaded, Scroll over to the right side and click on "Upload"
After the pictures show up as being attached, you can close that window and go back to the screen to finish posting your post.

Some additional notes -
The photos generally need to be reduced to less than 2MB in size. I have heard of people sending an email to themselves as it will ask if you want to reduce the size.

I have an android phone and when I tried to reply on Quilting Board while in mobile view None of the options for adding pictures was available. However, there is an option down at the bottom left of the page that is for Full Site when I tapped on "Full Site" It then looked like the way it looks on my lap top. So it would have the Red Reply and the Go Advanced options.

Do Not Preview post.