Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Careful .... they bite (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/careful-they-bite-t237780.html)

barny 12-31-2013 03:37 PM

You know they can do more than bruise! They may come back in the future and really get you all. They are heavy enough to hit you. They yell, whine, and may even sing sometimes. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! GOOD HEALTH TO YOU ALL!

vmaniqui 12-31-2013 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by barny (Post 6484501)
You know they can do more than bruise! They may come back in the future and really get you all. They are heavy enough to hit you. They yell, whine, and may even sing sometimes. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! GOOD HEALTH TO YOU ALL!

happy new year and good health to you also and may we all have numerous sewing machines this coming year!

J Miller 12-31-2013 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by B Sisson (Post 6484464)
Do you have a book on this machine? I have a book called how to use your sewmor tip top but is for a model 303 . I don't even have a sewmor. I do sew a a singer feather weight and love that little machine.

Welcome to the forum.
No I don't have a book for it. However .... I do have a SEWMOR 303 in my collection. So if you'd like to rehome that book, or a copy of it, I'm interested. Just PM me.

Joe

J Miller 12-31-2013 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by jbj137 (Post 6484483)
*** Joe,
Do you remember Christine the car from Stephen Kings book?

If it really is a wicked machine, she may regenerate and get you again.

Eeeeekkkkk!!!!!
Yes I do remember that movie. Maybe I should go give it a kiss and apologize.

Joe

J Miller 12-31-2013 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Candace (Post 6483813)
Your thumb and my finger should get together and have a discussion. I whacked mine really nicely with a sledge hammer a few days ago. It's nicely swollen and purple. At least the machine didn't put it's needle through your finger or fingernail. That's an ouchie and I've done it twice:<

Candace,

I have stuck a SM needle in my finger while I was working on one. That was a big OUCHIE for sure.
Had the bobbin hook on a Singer 413 slice through my left index finger, and I never felt it. No pain, no nothing. I was sorely disappointed. It needed to hurt.

Why were you beating on your finger with a sledge hammer. Seems there must be something else you could whack with it.

Joe

ThayerRags 12-31-2013 04:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I wonder if sewing machines around the world got together to get us this year end? My Consew 225 gave me a nasty broken fingernail today while I was repairing the strap on a fringed leather purse. I didn’t notice it until I got home this evening, but it’s probably bad enough that I won’t be going in to the shop tomorrow. It’s kind of hard to see in the photo, so I included an arrow to point it out.

CD in Oklahoma

J Miller 12-31-2013 04:29 PM

CD,

You sure you don't need to go to the ER and have that checked out? Might be serious.

Joe

aronel 12-31-2013 05:03 PM

Don't blame you!! I'd be threatening it too~!!!

wilburness 12-31-2013 05:30 PM

tsk tsk tsk. you men! HAPPY NEW YEAR to all !

ThayerRags 12-31-2013 05:31 PM

Just wanted to let you know that you're not alone. Those machines are out to get us.

You're not going to start a "sewing machine drop" for New Years to compete with the "ball drop", are you?

CD in Oklahoma