Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Careful .... they bite (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/careful-they-bite-t237780.html)

J Miller 12-31-2013 05:17 AM

Careful .... they bite

1 Attachment(s)
Miriam's sig line went; Don't let a sewing machine know you're in a hurry, or something like that. Well, I can add don't let your sewing machine know you're mad at it. They retaliate.

I've been working on my Sewmor 202 for a week or so and finally got it to sew with out the stitch length lever wiggle woggling and working it's way up. But it makes a clatter I'm now trying to diagnose.

So day before yesterday I wanted to check the timing and turned the machine bobbin end towards me then lifted the head back on it's hinges.

Well ...... then it happened. The machine saw it's chance, slid out of my left hand and bit down on my right thumb that was holding the case from rocking back. Not a nice thing to do :(

[ATTACH=CONFIG]454068[/ATTACH]
I thought it was broke, but it's just badly bruised. Swollen and stiff too.

This machine is officially on my crap list. I'm thinking of parting it out. I've got other machines that do work good that need a case and cord set.

Bite me will ya ....... you'll see :mad:

Joe

liking quilting 12-31-2013 05:33 AM

Oh, that looks nasty. Bad machine!

wilburness 12-31-2013 06:26 AM

oh poor baby. I'm sure a few choice words were said. hope it feels fine soon.

Tartan 12-31-2013 06:59 AM

The old machine were built to last but boy howdy, they are heavy! Sorry your thumb got mashed.

Candace 12-31-2013 08:58 AM

Your thumb and my finger should get together and have a discussion. I whacked mine really nicely with a sledge hammer a few days ago. It's nicely swollen and purple. At least the machine didn't put it's needle through your finger or fingernail. That's an ouchie and I've done it twice:<

GEMRM 12-31-2013 09:13 AM

Sometimes bruised and swollen hurts just as much and just as long as bruise!
Sorry it "bit" back, did you hurt it's feelings with some less than kind words???
Hope you recover soon!

ThayerRags 12-31-2013 10:24 AM

Ouch!

CD in Oklahoma

miriam 12-31-2013 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Candace (Post 6483813)
Your thumb and my finger should get together and have a discussion. I whacked mine really nicely with a sledge hammer a few days ago. It's nicely swollen and purple. At least the machine didn't put it's needle through your finger or fingernail. That's an ouchie and I've done it twice:<

But did your sledge hammer hurt the Touch and Sew???

B Sisson 12-31-2013 03:16 PM

Do you have a book on this machine? I have a book called how to use your sewmor tip top but is for a model 303 . I don't even have a sewmor. I do sew a a singer feather weight and love that little machine.

jbj137 12-31-2013 03:26 PM

*** Joe,
Do you remember Christine the car from Stephen Kings book?

If it really is a wicked machine, she may regenerate and get you again.