Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Careful .... they bite (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/careful-they-bite-t237780.html)

J Miller 12-31-2013 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by ThayerRags (Post 6484692)
Just wanted to let you know that you're not alone. Those machines are out to get us.

You're not going to start a "sewing machine drop" for New Years to compete with the "ball drop", are you?

CD in Oklahoma

Nope. Be my luck I'd drop it on my foot.

Joe

miriam 01-01-2014 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by ThayerRags (Post 6484692)

You're not going to start a "sewing machine drop" for New Years to compete with the "ball drop", are you?

CD in Oklahoma

Candace already did - with her sledge hammer

jbj137 01-01-2014 07:48 AM

*** I really think they (Machines) are ungrateful.

*** We rescue, oil, grease, & love them and
*** then they do things like this to us.

mighty 01-01-2014 08:46 AM

Ouch!!! So sorry!!!

Candace 01-01-2014 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 6484581)
Candace,

Why were you beating on your finger with a sledge hammer. Seems there must be something else you could whack with it.

Joe

I have a Accuquilt Studio cutting system and the largest tray got bent(my fault). So I was beating it back into submission. I won, but got a war wound.

J Miller 01-01-2014 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Candace (Post 6485956)
I have a Accuquilt Studio cutting system and the largest tray got bent(my fault). So I was beating it back into submission. I won, but got a war wound.

OK then. Sorry to hear about the war wound, glad you got it straightened.
Sounds like what I had to do with the front bumper on my Toyota Land Cruiser after I took a tree out with it .....

Joe

ArchaicArcane 01-01-2014 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 6484581)
Candace,

I have stuck a SM needle in my finger while I was working on one. That was a big OUCHIE for sure.
Had the bobbin hook on a Singer 413 slice through my left index finger, and I never felt it. No pain, no nothing. I was sorely disappointed. It needed to hurt.

Worse yet, those needle stabs take a LONG time to heal. That just feels like insult to injury! I managed two full stitches in before I stopped the machine that time.

Those ones that don't hurt are the worst. I dropped a pair of embroidery scissors point down on my toes. I thought " Klutz!" picked up my scissors and went back to work. A minute later I looked down and there was blood everywhere. I had no idea that I'd been cut, but it started hurting after I saw the mess I had to clean up!

Happy New Year everyone! :)

oldtnquiltinglady 01-01-2014 11:19 AM

Happy New Year all you klutzes.....remember, "haste makes waste" and slow down. This from one who has slowed down to less than "slow down" and is way too slow on the uptake when the kids are giving me a hand in figuring out a problem with my computer or sewing machine......my thought is " I'll get to it when I get to it" and all the stuff that happens to me in the meantime is fun, too. And Happy New Year to all the rest of y'all on this board. I have learned so much in the couple of years that I've been here with you.

sewready 01-01-2014 11:43 AM

Ouch, looks painful!

purplefiend 01-01-2014 12:13 PM

Joe, you earned "The Purple Onion" award.