Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Goodwill Hunting - Happy Happy Happy Dance (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/goodwill-hunting-happy-happy-happy-dance-t181031.html)

crafty pat 02-29-2012 08:19 AM

How lucky you are. Have fun with them.

Linda - K. 02-29-2012 09:16 AM

That's some amazing prices. You did a good job on refurbishing the table. I got one off Ebay for about $75 and it needed refurbishing. The veener (sp?) wasn't raised like yours but someone had duct taped the insert in the table! I just needed to do a good cleaning and then refinishing on the top and paint the wood sides black for mine to look good. I did have to go get some screws also for the part of the insert area where the machine rests. If you're willing to put in a little time and work you can save a distressed one.

jbj137 02-29-2012 10:42 AM

You have the Midas Touch.
Keep at it - you may find a new house.
J J

hershery 02-29-2012 01:57 PM

great find , I am happy for you.

psychonurse 02-29-2012 02:07 PM

congratulations, What great finds. Doing the Happy Dance for you.

damaquilts 03-01-2012 06:27 AM

You have the magic touch. I have a friend who lives in TX that is the same way. She finds the best things and always super cheap.But I am pretty sure she has Never found 3 featherweights and a table for those prices. We have a crown we pass back and forth for the Bargin Queen I think its your turn. LOL

jaciqltznok 03-01-2012 06:33 AM

wow..you won't find those deals here in OK....you did a great job on that table!

May in Jersey 03-01-2012 06:45 AM

I'm going to check out our local Goodwill again. Usually go there to drop off items and leave without buying again thing but you never know what will turn up on their shelves or tables.

AUQuilter 03-01-2012 08:05 AM

Your patience has paid off for you! And you certainly gave us inspiration on fixing the table.

Hummer Lady 03-01-2012 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by damaquilts (Post 5021346)
You have the magic touch. I have a friend who lives in TX that is the same way. She finds the best things and always super cheap.But I am pretty sure she has Never found 3 featherweights and a table for those prices. We have a crown we pass back and forth for the Bargin Queen I think its your turn. LOL

This is a great idea! I love it. Now I know what to do with that old tiara I still have. BFF and I are always looking for bargains at the local thrift stores. It's usually a bust...I just happen to be at the right place at the right time on a couple of occasions...where the folks pricing did not know what they had. They probably thought the featherweight was a kid's toy...and who would want a table with a hole in it? I was in the same Goodwill again and found 3 old Singers for $50 each. They looked like they had been in an old barn as a door stop...missing parts, rusty...pretty much beyond repair. Another store had a FW for $145 which looked like it had been dragged behind a car for 100 yards...nothing came with it. I watched a woman buy it and was excited to have it.