Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Goodwill Hunting - Happy Happy Happy Dance (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/goodwill-hunting-happy-happy-happy-dance-t181031.html)

Hummer Lady 02-28-2012 12:41 PM

Goodwill Hunting - Happy Happy Happy Dance

10 Attachment(s)
I hadn't posted this yet, but finally had to share with those who would understand my excitement. Last May while par oozing (yes, that comes up in spell check that way) our local Goodwill, I happened upon a familiar little black case. Price $39.99...Tuesday Senior Discount price $29.95. Darling Lily - a 1951 Featherweight came home with me that day, with all her accessories. In early November, I called on a local Craig's List posting and Old Millie (original owner was named Mildred). Asking price $150. Accepted $60 as it was the machine only. Millie is of 1948 vintage and has joined her sister, Darling Lily.

Last week, a quick stop into our second local Goodwill resulted in my 3rd SUPER find of the decade! A featherweight table! Whoa! It was a little warped with the plywood separating along the edges of the insert and around it on the table, but a little steam from the iron, some clamps and wood glue...and she's nearly as good as new. Goodwill price $9.99 and a can of spray paint (which I already had). I painted her metal frame and legs almost the original color. Before and after pics are posted.

I am truly doing the Happy Dance...rock n' roll style!!

J Miller 02-28-2012 12:55 PM

My wife says: ....... And just where is she at? I said I don't know, some where in AZ.
We both agreed you got some really sweet deals .......... and ........... WE are in the wrong state!

Joe

franc36 02-28-2012 02:18 PM

You are so fortunate! I loved your photographs! I know you will enjoy using those machines. Wish I had a table for my Featherweight.

Charlee 02-28-2012 02:20 PM

NICE!! :) Congrats!

pinkberrykay 02-28-2012 02:28 PM

So jealous, lucky you to get such great deals!!!!

Nanamoms 02-28-2012 04:55 PM

As Joe says....I'm in the wrong state, too!! Nothing on CL here either. On march 3rd one of our local private schools (very elite) is having a garage sale. they have even put the announcement on a couple of digital billboards so I'm "guessing" it's going to be HUGE!!! I'm going to try to go and maybe run into something I just can't live without!! LOL

mighty 02-28-2012 06:56 PM

Great find!! Nothing like that in CA darn it!!!!

Sewfine 02-29-2012 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by J Miller (Post 5016569)
My wife says: ....... And just where is she at? I said I don't know, some where in AZ.
We both agreed you got some really sweet deals .......... and ........... WE are in the wrong state!

Joe

I agree, I am in the wrong state also. Never find much here.

mimiknoxtaylor 02-29-2012 06:09 AM

you are one lucky lady!

janiesews 02-29-2012 07:50 AM

Congratulations on your great finds!