Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Im bursting with EXCITEMENT!!!!! New Home Treadle for $10 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/im-bursting-excitement-new-home-treadle-%2410-t177546.html)

Lori S 01-30-2012 07:13 PM

I would be excited ! Such a wonderful machine... and such a DEAL!!

Teacup 01-30-2012 07:33 PM

She is beautiful! Her decals look great. Did you name her yet?

DawnFurlong 01-30-2012 08:04 PM

Congratulations on your wonderful find! Can't wait to hear how you like sewing on her. I hope to own one someday. Seems like a relaxed and enjoyable way to sew.

jaciqltznok 01-30-2012 08:04 PM

oh wow...you did score...if you need the leather belt let me know I am ordering this week from Brewer sewing supply.
You will need more shuttle pins I believe as well.
you need to tell us what the purpose of the tower thing in the center of her head is! ODD looking for sure...
Her wood just needs a light sanding and polishing....she really does look great!

sew1 01-30-2012 08:17 PM

You are so hooked. I too have a few. 5 treadles(some needing cleaning) and 2 up and running, along with Featherweights (2) 15-91 (2) 3/4 machines and others. It is so much fun seeing them come to life. ENJOY!!!

Andii 01-30-2012 08:32 PM

She's beautiful. I just saw a hint to remove rust from a cast iron skillet which might work for the peddle. Cut a raw potatoe in half and dip the exposed area in baking soda and use that as a cleaning instrument. The enzymes in the potatoes are supposed to react with the soda and work wonders. Good luck.

Charlee 01-30-2012 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok (Post 4927469)
oh wow...you did score...if you need the leather belt let me know I am ordering this week from Brewer sewing supply.
You will need more shuttle pins I believe as well.
you need to tell us what the purpose of the tower thing in the center of her head is! ODD looking for sure...
Her wood just needs a light sanding and polishing....she really does look great!

Jacquie, the tower looking thing is the upper tension. Called a "spring tension" or "leaf tension". :)

Painiacs 01-30-2012 09:52 PM

Great find!!

pinkberrykay 01-31-2012 03:47 AM

Thanks Charlee, I was going to go to the manual and look. I love having the manual, I think it may be worth more the the machine.:)

I have not named her yet, I should go back and ask the lady at the shop the name of the owner and go from there.

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 4927565)
Jacquie, the tower looking thing is the upper tension. Called a "spring tension" or "leaf tension". :)

pinkberrykay 01-31-2012 03:49 AM

Thank for all the tips it is helpful. And tear her apart,:shock::shock: oh lord once I do that then what do I do with her????

Originally Posted by carolaug (Post 4927209)
Score!!! I paid 95.00 for my treadle last week...worked on her with a friend and we got her all clean inside and out...and tonight we got her working....love it...use chrome cleaner on the metal...not the body...then singer oil which is 3.00 at Joanns, and 409 on the rust...do not use water on your screws. I did use a little dish cleaner missed with water for the body but only lightly damped a cloth. Good luck...your will love it...take lots of pictures before you tear her a part so you know how to put her back together.