Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Missing my FW (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/missing-my-fw-t254054.html)

Candace 09-20-2014 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts (Post 6896509)
Sorry, I just don't get having multiple same machines.

It's a collector thing. They may have different badges, colors, features etc even though the 'same' model. I have 7, 301's for this reason and I use them all.

costumegirl 09-20-2014 02:39 PM

Totally understand your 'empty nest' syndrome :) however, you got 2 terrific 301s for the price of one :) They are lots of fun to sew with and also very portable - I think it is the only machine (of that era) that Singer put a handle on to carry and it pops in and out of a larger cabinet so easily! They are "gems"!!

Give yourself some time and then when you've saved some more pennies and are ready, you can look for a "special" FW - maybe an earlier year than the one you use or a centennial badged one or a white or tan one - there's always options and the hunt can be fun :)

Windblown 09-20-2014 03:38 PM

I just bought my second 301.
Now I have both a short bed and a long bed. I can't say enough about how great they are.
Just wait a bit and you will understand.

miriam 09-20-2014 05:12 PM

I sell stuff all the time. There are some real odd people show up. Some are more memorable than others. There are a couple I regret selling - I just figure another one might come along that I like as well.

iadhikari 09-20-2014 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Windblown (Post 6897123)
I just bought my second 301.
Now I have both a short bed and a long bed. I can't say enough about how great they are.
Just wait a bit and you will understand.

Well, I am certainly looking forward to getting them now! I am waiting on a beige (mocha) long bed with a case, and a black long bed with just the pedal. Thanks again, everyone -- I feel much better.

Ila

janiesews 09-21-2014 06:14 AM

I have 2 Featherweights and 2 301's. My 301's are in cabinets. and I love sewing on them in there cabinets. I love all of them and I know you will be happy with your 301's. They can be portable or in a cabinet. Great to sew on and I love the slant needle. Enjoy!!

miriam 09-21-2014 06:35 AM

Odd but the Singer 404 is very overlooked. It is a real nice ss machine. Inexpensive, too.

Cari-in-Oly 09-21-2014 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 6897896)
Odd but the Singer 404 is very overlooked. It is a real nice ss machine. Inexpensive, too.

Yep, you're right. I have a 404 that's going to my BFF. Not because I don't like it, it's a good machine. She needs a good ss machine, and I need it gone. Win-win.

Cari

Sewbeeit2 09-21-2014 01:33 PM

Sounds like the lady wanted to decorate with it not use it!

roserips 09-21-2014 02:06 PM

I totally agree with Rodney, I have both featherweight and a 301(I love my big sister the 301) My fav to take was the 301 over my featherweight (don't ask me why I just liked her better) how ever then came along my Lotus and well She is my all time favorite take to class machine, so light and portable and just a sweetie. Don't get me started on machines I just love to sew.