Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Monogrammer Cams. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/monogrammer-cams-t304502.html)

Rose_P 06-13-2019 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by leonf (Post 8264948)
[]

GF and I like to dress Victorian. She made all the garb. except the hats.

Leon, that's a lovely and talented Victorian lady friend you have, You're both ready for a visit to Dickens on the Strand in Galveston, and annual event around the beginning of December. We haven't been in a number of years, so I'm not sure if it's still the case, but probably an authentic costume gets you in free. They will have a website. They ought to pay you to bring the penny farthing!

Trying to tie this in with the thread, there are some antique stores along the way, maybe with vintage sewing parts?

Sewing Susie 06-14-2019 03:03 AM

A picture of the plate that is raised in the above picture?

Sewing Susie 06-14-2019 03:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]613830[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]613831[/ATTACH]

Macybaby 06-14-2019 05:06 AM

That is interesting - I did not know that there were two versions of the monogrammer for the open arm machine.

I think the only way you'll find one is to ask sellers for a picture and match it up. It's probably a timing thing, ones made before a certain date are one way, those after are another. But they may look the same except for where that lever is.

OurWorkbench 06-14-2019 06:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Sewing Susie (Post 8264810)
,,,, I bought a part # 43560 for rear attachment but it does not line up to fit in the rear pop up. Can anyone point me in the right direction, please?

Is the circled in red the buttonholer or monogrammer? My guess is that one has to remove plate 95703 and replace it with the buttonholer or monogrammer. I think they will have a hole of sorts to which fits the peg circled in blue, which can be seen in the picture with the needle plate.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]613833[/ATTACH]

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.

OurWorkbench 06-14-2019 06:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]613834[/ATTACH]
I'm also wondering if there is some sort of peg on the attachment underside that isn't as long as the metal piece on the plate 95703.

Sewing Susie 06-15-2019 10:55 AM

The red circle is my monogrammer. The blue circle is attached to the machine and when the buttonhole attachment goes on it lines up with that gear. When I pop off that top piece, see pic in your post below it is not on that piece. My monogrammer doesn’t fit because it has a peg that needs to go in the long hole on the left but it’s on the right of my monogrammer.

OurWorkbench 06-15-2019 11:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Does the bottom of your monogrammer look like https://www.flickr.com/photos/768556...n/photostream/

It may not need to have anything that goes into that long slot. Is that a hole on the right nearest the needle plate? as indicated by green circle? I think the brass pin may fit/snap into that hole?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]613859[/ATTACH]

OurWorkbench 06-15-2019 05:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
You aren't anywhere near Denver Colorado, are you?

I have tried to roughly draw the bottom of the monogrammer as I think it looks (in my Paint program). I have marked red circles where I think it attaches. I have indicated with green arrows those parts that should match when the monogrammer is snapped into place after latching the red circles.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]613873[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]613874[/ATTACH]

Sewing Susie 06-16-2019 02:37 AM

Your drawing is correct. The green arrow in your drawing is a peg that sticks out much longer than in the pictore. It prevent the monogrammer from being snapped down. The green arrow in my pic does nothing. If you look at the pic I posted with the lid up you can see how the lid snaps down and what goes in the long hole. In the monogram directions it shows the green arrow, in your pic going into a long hole. But it’s on the opposite side. The other monogrammer 41704 is also for a different model. Mine is a convertible but 1690 is my model.