Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Puget Sound/ NorthWest Get-Together? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/puget-sound-northwest-get-together-t252704.html)

Happy Linda 08-30-2014 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Rodney (Post 6865465)
Nothing is set in stone. I'm just asking to see how many people would be interested in meeting up somewhere in person one weekend and where a good place would be.
I'm looking for people's thoughts and ideas, let's see if we can work something out. Not just vintage people either, anyone on the board that wants to come would be welcome.
Yes, I know it's vague, this is just an idea at this point.
Rodney

I'm in. Can't think of a location though.

monopas 08-30-2014 12:15 PM

I'd actually leave the house to meet you nice people.

Rennie 08-31-2014 03:40 AM

Too far for me also --- but now if someone decides to get one together closer to North Carolina, that would be great!
You Northwesters have fun!

Rodney 09-02-2014 01:50 PM

I'll be checking out a couple parks here in Centralia/Chehalis tomorrow. I need to find out if I need reservations, what dates are open, etc. I want to get something set up by the end of the month. I'll be aiming for a Saturday to make it as convenient as possible for people to attend. The weather gets really iffy after September and it's easier and more fun to do anything if the weather is good.
Rodney

crocee 09-02-2014 02:04 PM

Make sure to take lots of pictures so those of us who can't make it can at least see the fun :thumbup:

Cari-in-Oly 09-02-2014 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Rodney (Post 6871660)
I'll be checking out a couple parks here in Centralia/Chehalis tomorrow. I need to find out if I need reservations, what dates are open, etc. I want to get something set up by the end of the month. I'll be aiming for a Saturday to make it as convenient as possible for people to attend. The weather gets really iffy after September and it's easier and more fun to do anything if the weather is good.
Rodney

There's a newer park here in Lacey that has covered picnic areas that I *think* have electrical outlets. I've been trying to think of indoor spots, didn't even cross my mind to think of an outdoor area.

Cari

Rodney 09-06-2014 04:11 PM

I booked a meeting room!

Here's what I have, It's a bit of a short notice. I booked the meeting room at Timberland Regional Library in Centralia for Saturday Sept. 20th from 11AM to 3 PM.
Sorry for the short notice but the library was booked through October otherwise. I chose the library over the park for a few reasons. It has decent bathrooms, is indoors and is free. The room holds up to 40 people sitting, 70 standing so it should be large enough. I did forget to see if there were tables inside to use. I'll go back well before the meeting and ask. Library rules are no buying/selling stuff so a swap meet is out. I think bringing machines and working on projects would be ok. If people are trading/exchanging/delivering things we should probably keep it outside.
This is my first time setting up any sort of meeting like this. Advice and criticisms are encouraged. I want this to be fun for all attending and I'm hoping we can grow it into a regular thing.
Rodney

Caroline S 09-06-2014 06:20 PM

Meet and greet, show and tell. It should be fun. Have you decided on the time frame yet?

Cari-in-Oly 09-06-2014 06:40 PM

Anything I can help with, let me know. As an aside, that little sandwich shop right down the street has delicious food.

Cari

Rodney 09-06-2014 07:14 PM

I should have made this part separate so it's easier to see.
Timberland Regional Library
Centralia, WA 98531
Saturday ,September 20th
11AM to 3PM

Rodney