Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Puget Sound/ NorthWest Get-Together? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/puget-sound-northwest-get-together-t252704.html)

Rodney 09-16-2014 07:21 AM

So far it's a pretty small group, maybe 4 or 5 total.
Rodney

monopas 09-16-2014 10:56 AM

I'm planning on coming, and my mother will be with me because I probably won't be up to driving. However, I am probably having allergy testing on Thursday, and my cat may be starting chemotherapy that day as well, so it is possible I might not be able to make it. If I do come I'm planning to bring the White Rotary I promised Rodney, and some other things that I'd like to give away. Might bring a machine to use. I didn't plan to bring anything food-ish, except a snack for myself because I can't eat anything I'm not sure of these days, hence the allergy testing.

It all sounds so grim, but I've really been looking forward to this! I want to be there.

Cari-in-Oly 09-16-2014 11:13 AM

Oh, I hope you can make it. Sending good thoughts your way for you and your cat.

Cari

Rodney 09-16-2014 03:26 PM

I hope things work out where you and your mother can make it and that your cat is ok.
Rodney

elnan 09-16-2014 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Rodney (Post 6891078)
So far it's a pretty small group, maybe 4 or 5 total.
Rodney

I hope this get-together becomes a regular occurance, because I'd sure like to be there, but have another meeting at that time.

Rodney 09-16-2014 10:56 PM

That's the intent. I'm hoping at least a few times a year if there's enough interest.
Rodney

GreyQ 09-17-2014 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by liking quilting (Post 6866141)
Sounds like fun but too many hrs. driving! Macybaby needs to build that vintage sm museum and that's a distance I could handle! (she's more in the middle of the country --South Dakota.

We can carpool!

SewExtremeSeams 09-17-2014 06:40 AM

Well, I have to say that even though I live on the 'other' side of the mountains, I am jealous. It would be so much fun to get together and bring some vintage machines. I do hope y'all have fun!

Rodney 09-17-2014 07:09 AM

I see this as only the first one. I haven't set up anything like this before in my life and am learning as I go. The next one will have better/ longer notice. This one was pretty short notice due to when the library meeting room was available.
Rodney

KalamaQuilts 09-17-2014 11:29 AM

Call the WAAAAAAbulance...
My beautiful Pacifica blew up going down our hill Tuesday. After I got over being uber cross I realized how lucky I was to not have been in the really steep parts as I'd probably be dead.
No problem, I'll drive Rob's car.
Yes problem, he is going to Ione this weekend.
Still haven't heard back from McCords, I must have Really broken it.

So I will be with you all in spirit, an enormous hug for Rodney and Olivia, and I'll be with you next time.

I was going to bring seedless grapes ;) and my handcrank, let you all help me get over long bobbin hysteria.