Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Quilts made using vintage machines! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/quilts-made-using-vintage-machines-t134918.html)

Miz Johnny 07-22-2011 07:29 PM

All very nice! I love the stripes.

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Okay here is my contribution to the thread, all of these were done on a treadle and that is the only type of machines that I will use.

Billy

wanda lou 07-22-2011 07:32 PM

nice.

vintagemotif 07-22-2011 08:30 PM

I love them ALL! Billy and Irishrose your quilts are very NICE!

Bennett 07-22-2011 09:07 PM

Miz Johnny, those flowers for the mobile are a neat idea, so cute too.

Billy, all the quilts look so cozy, but I too like the stripes best, lots to look at and enjoy in those kinds of quilts.

Irishrose, love the colors in the purple one, it really pops!

Bennett 07-22-2011 09:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Some more items made on my 15-91. The first has to be one of my favorite quilts, a string pieced spiderweb made for a baby boy. I used the directions off Bonnie Hunter's website.

The second is a washable duster made from left over flannel and some old nightgowns. (After washing it gets really fuzzy, this is a pre-washed picture).

String spiderweb
[ATTACH=CONFIG]230498[/ATTACH]

Baby needs a good dusting!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]230499[/ATTACH]

irishrose 07-22-2011 09:28 PM

Thank you. That daughter is prone to depression and loves purple, so I wanted her quilt to be uplifting. The Moda charm packs that are in it are called Happy and they really are. It's a disappearing 16 patch.

irishrose 07-22-2011 09:29 PM

Bennett, love the Spider Web. So many quilts, so little time.

vintagemotif 07-22-2011 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Thank you. That daughter is prone to depression and loves purple, so I wanted her quilt to be uplifting. The Moda charm packs that are in it are called Happy and they really are. It's a disappearing 16 patch.

Disappearing 16 patch looks like a fun pattern to do. I have done a disappearing 9 patch, but your pattern looks more interesting.

vintagemotif 07-22-2011 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Bennett
Some more items made on my 15-91. The first has to be one of my favorite quilts, a string pieced spiderweb made for a baby boy. I used the directions off Bonnie Hunter's website.

The second is a washable duster made from left over flannel and some old nightgowns. (After washing it gets really fuzzy, this is a pre-washed picture).

That string spiderweb looks like a great way to use up some scraps. Very nice quilt!

Miz Johnny 07-23-2011 06:07 AM

I have a few blocks made using her Virginia Bound pattern. Another one of my Permanent Collection of UFOs. She's a great teacher; love her attitude!

Originally Posted by vintagemotif

Originally Posted by Bennett

That string spiderweb looks like a great way to use up some scraps. Very nice quilt!