Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Quilts made using vintage machines! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/quilts-made-using-vintage-machines-t134918.html)

totosmom 11-30-2012 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Muv (Post 5689422)
Somewhere in this house, stuffed in a cupboard, is a bag of wool scraps...

Well, then, you need to dig them out, find a pattern you like and have at it. It's really not that hard, Muv, and they look so sweet once they are done. Just be sure to post a pic once you've finished.

chris_quilts 11-30-2012 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Muv (Post 5690277)
Chris - Excellent! A quilter's dodge!

Muv, Thanks.

vintagemotif 12-04-2012 02:11 PM

Oh so many wonderful quilts to bring a smile to my face today...all are so pretty!!

Trish, I love your rabbit.
Totosmom, Your Autumn wall hanging is beautiful.
Happyquiltmom, "Sam's Safari" is too cute with those pinwheels, and the purple and green applique flower quilt is lovely.
Laura, I love your colorful star quilt. Clever idea using the wire from Ikea to form a curtain.
Chrisquilts, I love that Rebecca 310 and your butterfly quilt.
OOMaggie, Nicely done Christmas quilt, should keep that him nice a warm.

Thanks for sharing and posting. I love seeing everyone's projects!

vintagemotif 12-04-2012 02:44 PM

I'm still here! :) I took a break from reading the QB so that I could focus in on quilting projects and family. For now I have all the machines I wish to own. My focus now is on using the machines for my "to do" list of quilts that keeps on growing.

Here are just some of the projects that I have made in the past couple of months. All done on treadles!!

Jean quilt was a donation quilt for a Silent Auction. The triangle quilt with not batting only a minkee back went to someone who was a victim of hurricane Sandy. And lastly, I made a table running for my mom. Piecing done on Two Spools, and quilting done on either Davis NVF or Singer 224.

Opps No photos. I'll try again.

vintagemotif 12-04-2012 03:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Jean quilt

vintagemotif 12-04-2012 03:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That worked! Ok now the triangle quilt.

vintagemotif 12-04-2012 03:33 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Table runner

miriam 12-04-2012 03:34 PM

no wonder you haven't been on QB - you have been busy!!! All are VERY cool

vintagemotif 12-04-2012 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5698730)
no wonder you haven't been on QB - you have been busy!!! All are VERY cool

I also made a another donation quilt, a purse, and one sock (toe up)...heehee. I should post a photo of that.

vintagemotif 12-04-2012 03:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not quilting related or even vintage machine...diversions are sometimes needed in life.
This sock took me a week to make. It's from the toe up with just two knitting needles. I should have used at least three needles so that I could try the dang thing on. I'm now crocheting the top.