Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   SO disappointed!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/so-disappointed-t218514.html)

Caroline S 04-07-2013 03:16 PM

Outrageous to say the least. Have patience. Eventually you will find a more reasonably priced manual. I agree with Tartan, Email the seller with the offer of $25 and see what happens.

gotta-sew 04-07-2013 03:17 PM

I also question if you would ever get what your paying for. Any one that requests that kind of money for a photo copied item seems a bit shady to me. I think I would go with a thanks but no thanks. Best of luck.

miriam 04-07-2013 04:13 PM

How much does he want for the machine? Maybe buy the machine, copy the manual and re-sell the machine. Phoenix is a good machine. Offer him about half what he is asking...

frudemoo 04-07-2013 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 5985227)
How much does he want for the machine? Maybe buy the machine, copy the manual and re-sell the machine. Phoenix is a good machine. Offer him about half what he is asking...

He is in Germany and I am in Australia. I only paid $30 for my machine but have spent hours cleaning and polishing it. Everything moves freely and beautifully, including the treadle. I got a new belt for it and it's ready to go - if only it would stitch!!! I wish I knew more to understand why the stitches aren't being properly formed, but I am new to this. I will have to study one of my other machines that is working and see if I can compare. I have a manual for another Baer & Rempel machine but it hasn't helped me overcome this problem. Perhaps even owning the correct manual wouldn't help if there's something really wrong with it that's beyond my level of comprehension.

miriam 04-07-2013 04:22 PM

Is the needle in right? The curve of the needle needs to go next to the hook. The groove of the needle goes away from the hook. Try that and see what happens.

Does the thread break or just not make stitches?

Cyn 04-07-2013 04:33 PM

Don't deal with someone like that! Someone will be able to help you eventually. I know waiting isn't easy tho :)

Annaquilts 04-07-2013 05:07 PM

Do not reply back. He sounds creepy.

cabbagepatchkid 04-07-2013 05:36 PM

Have you tried contacting "Treadle Lady"? She has some German machines and possibly she would have some ideas for you.

deedum 04-07-2013 05:43 PM

I would NOT pay him a dime! When you play with snakes, your gonna get bit!

liking quilting 04-07-2013 06:42 PM

I feel your pain. What a bummer. I would not deal any further with the scoundrel. I've been searching the web for you and may (or may not) have found something that will help. Found a reference for the Phoenix when searching a German site. My computer had an option tab open up on upper r. side to translate to English, or I'd been doomed. Not very good with all the computer stuff, but I've copied down what I could for you: www.naehmaschine-antik.de There was a tab on left for Instructions, and free manuals come up. Top of the page was "The Iron Lady." Had to scroll down a bit to get the the references, instructions & diagrams of the Phoenix. I'm so hoping this is what you need. You deserve a break today!