Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Spring Lottie, a 1910 Singer 66 Lotus (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/spring-lottie-1910-singer-66-lotus-t185672.html)

Monroe 04-11-2012 11:11 AM

So pretty! Glad you rescued her and gave her a cleaning. Is it easy to convert treadle heads to handcranks?

Whigrose 04-11-2012 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mom3 (Post 5132426)
She is looking really spiffy!

Where did you get the base for her? Does hubby make them for you?

Shari

Hi there Mom3,
She is in a borrowed base for picture taking. My dh makes me the bases for my 'machines in waiting'.

I tell you, the man is much an enabler as some of the fine folks on this list.

Any chance you hail from ME?

Best,
d

Mom3 04-11-2012 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Whigrose (Post 5133670)
Hi there Mom3,
She is in a borrowed base for picture taking. My dh makes me the bases for my 'machines in waiting'.

I tell you, the man is much an enabler as some of the fine folks on this list.

Any chance you hail from ME?

Best,
d

I live in the 'burbs of Milwaukee, WI. If I was close to you I'd place an order for at least two of those bases your hubby made for you. :) I've got a Singer 99 that started life as a 1909 treadle, was electrified sometime in the 1920's which I have now converted, once again, to a handcrank. I've also recently had a Singer VS (fiddle base) jump into my car at a rummage sale. Both of these machines need some kind of base. These two machines are part of my 15-Singer (collection) obsession. :)

It sure is satisfying to be able to bring a machine back from a rusty end to a running machine though, isn't it? :)

Shari

(I'm kind of new here & because of your question went on a search to figure out how to put in my location so it should read correctly now.)

tammy cosper 04-11-2012 04:44 PM

Looking very pretty. Her detail looks great.
Tammy

LindaR 04-12-2012 05:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have her twin... all her "blossoms" were covered with gunk and was so pretty when uncovered....years of oil or coal heat I think....they are great machines

Caroline S 04-12-2012 06:53 AM

Very nice Lotus machines. A Lotus is on my list to add to my collection.

harrishs 04-12-2012 07:01 AM

So pretty=====glad you saved her.....I am still looking for one.

jljack 04-12-2012 01:03 PM

She looks very very much like my 1909 Lotus 66-1. I just love this particular decal, as I think it just looks so elegant. Good work...it took me quite a while to clean up mine, and we also gave mine a motorectomy and she soon will be in a treadle again. She was in one, but now it's gone home....and that's a different long story!! LOL

totosmom 04-12-2012 01:45 PM

And you say you passed up this beauty THREE times???! Yikes! I would have taken it the first time I saw it. Your hubby is definitely an angel! This is my favorite decal which I will own one day.

Isn't it wonderful to bring these old machines back to life? My hubby recently obtained his grandma's treadle, a Singer 127 with the Sphinx decals. We are still working on her, but the head has already been reconditioned by a professional who brought her back to working condition and removed the motor. Once we're finished cleaning her up, she will live in the guest room where I plan to use her.

DonnaQuilts 04-12-2012 02:52 PM

She is beautiful. Also, she was born to treadle.