Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   A very unusual weekend (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/very-unusual-weekend-t244341.html)

Mrs. SewNSew 04-02-2014 06:43 PM

3 Attachment(s)
There are four Bentwood cases. Three contain Singer 128's and one had a 201. OF the four Bentwood cases three of them look like this! :eek:

amcatanzaro 04-02-2014 06:44 PM

Gahhhhhh. Should sand off... right?

Mrs. SewNSew 04-02-2014 06:50 PM

No idea yet Anastasia. Sometimes you don't know whether to laugh or cry!

Cogito 04-02-2014 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mrs. SewNSew (Post 6657638)
No idea yet Anastasia. Sometimes you don't know whether to laugh or cry!

Hahaha. Sorry that's a laugh. That can't be serious! Surely somebody did that on purpose thinking they were being cutesy! Not!!! Lol. You have some nice machines there. I would love to take that Redeye off your hands. :p

lovelyl 04-03-2014 03:35 AM

You must feel like you are in a wonderful dream you don't want to wake up from! Congrats!

Yooper32 04-03-2014 03:38 AM

I would say that by some beautiful time-warp, you got a chance to pre-view heaven, right here on earth.

Mrs. SewNSew 04-03-2014 04:43 AM

2 Attachment(s)
It's exciting for me to page through and see the photos too. :) When I am out there with them it's still a lot to deal with. I haven't posted the really bad ones. In many cases even what appears to be bad might be a diamond in disguise. I have ones like this Singer 15, that is coated in grime--is that cigarette smoke? But I rubbed a bit with sewing machine oil and it started to come off. The decals look intact underneath as long as I can clean it without damaging them. The garage was not airtight, and critters certainly visited a few that were placed low to the ground too.

Vridar 04-03-2014 04:58 AM

Price not mentioned, I'm betting the 301 and 201 have as much value as you paid. The rest is dream-land gravy. Wow, I'd be like you, not knowing to laugh or cry. You're work is cut out for you. Enjoy.

toverly 04-03-2014 05:07 AM

Wow, what a find! I have people tell me all the time, If I see one, I'll give you a call. Glad it worked out for you! Seems like you are having fun going thru them. Good Luck with your hunt!

Cogito 04-03-2014 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by Mrs. SewNSew (Post 6658001)
It's exciting for me to page through and see the photos too. :) When I am out there with them it's still a lot to deal with. I haven't posted the really bad ones. In many cases even what appears to be bad might be a diamond in disguise. I have ones like this Singer 15, that is coated in grime--is that cigarette smoke? But I rubbed a bit with sewing machine oil and it started to come off. The decals look intact underneath as long as I can clean it without damaging them. The garage was not airtight, and critters certainly visited a few that were placed low to the ground too.

Looks like it's the clear lacquer coating (sorry if that's not the right word) coming off.