Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Rumbols 03-29-2011 02:30 PM

I got an amazing machine on eBay today...anyway, amazing to me!! It looks absolutely GREAT!! 1917 Western Electric. It has been cleaned up and it works!! I got it really, really, ridiculously cheap....I couldn't hardly believe it. Tell me what you think. BTW....my DH is gonna KILL me!!! LOL...oh well.

Awesome machine. She looks like new. Congrats.

Glenn 03-29-2011 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
I got an amazing machine on eBay today...anyway, amazing to me!! It looks absolutely GREAT!! 1917 Western Electric. It has been cleaned up and it works!! I got it really, really, ridiculously cheap....I couldn't hardly believe it. Tell me what you think. BTW....my DH is gonna KILL me!!! LOL...oh well.

What a great looking machine and so clean. Glenn

Glenn 03-29-2011 02:30 PM

What a great looking machine and so clean. Glenn Sorry for the double post.

Kathie S. 03-29-2011 02:51 PM

I just got a 1914 Singer Red Eye with the back clamping feet.
I wondered if you would know where I can purchase additional pieces for it such as a quarter inch foot etc etc.
Do they make these for my machine to accomodate the latest type of quilting on a machine if you know what I mean?
I bought a walking foot that I can use on my Featherweight for example.
I hope this pic comes through.[/quote]

What a beautiful machine. If it needs a new home I will more than willing to send you my address. lol Kathie

jljack 03-29-2011 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn

What a great looking machine and so clean. Glenn

That's what struck me about it....the seller said it is coming out of their personal collection, and has been treated lovingly. I am filled with anticipation!!! :-)

luce321 03-29-2011 03:04 PM

Mickey, what a beautiful machine. The cabinet is exquisite. I've never seen one like that. What year was it made? Lucy

Miz Johnny 03-29-2011 03:07 PM

Nice looking machine--it looks like a National Rotary. I have one in a treadle that has *nearly* made it to the top of the pile--it sews an amazing stitch, so I hope it has!!

hobbykat1955 03-29-2011 03:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My ebay buy arrived yesterday...1910 "redeye" with case and luckily bobbin case. She does work but needs a good oiling. I won the bid with 14 others already bidding. I waited for the last few seconds in hopes of winning high bid...and I did all of 55.00 plus 27 shipping...not bad...

I also was lucky enough to find a 1951 301 at a local school tag sale on Sat. I loved seeing all your vintage machines and felt the need to join the club. Went out to the sale just in hopes of finding either a featherweight or 301...prefering the 301 based on gear driven. Got there right as the doors opened at 9 and ran thru only looking for the machines...
Well just as I was abt to leave, hitting the last table a man stood in the way and as he moved "there she was"...OH MY, I couldn't get to her fast enough to see her condition, if she had a bobbin case and worked. Knowing what to look for thanks to all of you.
They stated they did not know if she worked, selling "as is" and I inspected but no bobbin case...But her body was in Mint Condition, not a scratch or ding on her...So I picked her up and off I went to pay her ticket price of $30.00...My sewing Angels have been with me and my recent finds. I took her down to our local Singer dealership who specialize in fixing vintage Singers and she'll be ready to go by Sat. She just needs a good tuneup of oil, and a few minor replacements i.e. foot pedal.
Now it's the hunt for a White Featherweight reasonably priced...I'll need more then one Angel for that....

luce321 03-29-2011 03:42 PM

Billy, can you tell me what a "hand crank" is? Thanks, Lucy

Kitzone 03-29-2011 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by dirty1mom
Found a Singer 206K on CL. 1953 Aluminum. One of the first zig-zags, electric in cabinet. Looks god so does cabinet. Seller says knows nothing about machine, make offier. So, how much do I offer?

I would start at $45.00 and then see what the buyer has in mind. I paid $50 for mine and it included 20 different attachments, 30 bobbins, an extra belt and few other items. I've read that they can be noisy and not that desirable. I personally don't notice the any unusual noise and it sews like a champ. Good luck with your bartering. Let us know how things turn out.

Judy