Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

BoJangles 04-11-2011 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Have you seen what the 301's are starting to commend? There is one on Goodwills site sitting at $300+ and it still has a few days to go. They will be passing the Featherweights very soon!

Billy

Yes, I have seen what the 301's are going for that is why I don't have one of those - yet!

Nancy

QuilterGary 04-11-2011 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles

Have you seen what the 301's are starting to commend? There is one on Goodwills site sitting at $300+ and it still has a few days to go. They will be passing the Featherweights very soon!

Billy

Yes, I have seen what the 301's are going for that is why I don't have one of those - yet!

Nancy

There was one on Goodwill that sold for $500.00 the other day. I thought they were nuts maybe not. I have been looking for one for a price I wanted to pay. Had one bought on CL but the guy was no show guess he got more $. Found another but it was rough, still looking.

Kitzone 04-11-2011 09:15 AM

Quiltdoctor~ Welcome to the VSMS. What a wonderful sewing machine and beautiful job on your restoration. Thank you for sharing your pictures. I am sure someone will be able to fill you in on the info you are seeking.

Judy

jtapp9 04-11-2011 09:17 AM

I seriously may get shot if I mention this to my husband...we have went out the last two weekends in a row and purchased a vintage machine. And I know HE ain't that into them...lol

http://littlerock.craigslist.org/atq/2316657792.html

She is supposed to get the S/N for me when she gets home from work.

Was it common for these to be electrified? And is it hard to turn them back into a treadle? Because it has been modified is it even worth it?

jljack 04-11-2011 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by mtspools

I am looking forward to everyone coming in!! We have plenty of space and lots information to share with each other!

I am glad to see you all here! :D :D :D

Billy

I bought this kenwood at garage sale 2 or 3 years ago for $25.00. I can find lots info on singers but nothing on this. do not find any serial number on it, where might they be?Aslo it says made in USA .Does anyone know anything about this machine? thanks for any info I can get.

That's a lovely machine!!

irishrose 04-11-2011 09:46 AM

I think I bought my 301 just in time. $60 on ebay in January. Are we the ones driving the prices up extolling their virtues as a quilting machine?

Are the treadles next? I turned down one recently for $300. The seller got huffy - said I wouldn't find one for less. I did, though it's not the Davis she was selling, but I don't need a Davis.

jljack 04-11-2011 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
It seems the Rocketeer all of a sudden has sparked interest and the price of the machine is sky rocketing!

Nancy

Billy

Billy, I saw that one....what a ridiculous price!! I also saw one on eBay that got up to $500!! Glad I got mine for $80 about a month ago. Can't believe how the price has shot up.

jljack 04-11-2011 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
Thanks for the kind words !! Does anyone have a current e-mail address for Damascas Annie?? The one I was given evidentually doesn't work any longer.

Hi - Just Google her. I saw her website a few days ago. It's there. I just don't know the exact web address.

luv2learn 04-11-2011 10:55 AM

Tammy and Trish,

These are the cutest machines.

luv2learn 04-11-2011 11:01 AM

Tammy and Trish,

These little Dynamic and Cinderella machines are so cute! Who were they made by? Are they metal or plasic outer shells? Are they as heavy as a 99, or lightweight like a featherweight? Do they so well? What kind of needle do they use? What size bobbin do they use? Are the prices comparable to other vintage machines? When and what kinds of places do you find them? I have never seen one, until they showed up here a few weeks ago and now they seem so be coming out of the woodwork! Sorry for so many questions, but they are fascinating to me. Thanx!