Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

purplefiend 05-31-2011 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey
Hi Sharon , I still fill in when needed at Viking and I'm a happy camper..I'm going back to work for a couple of weeks. I gave up my hours so that another could keep her health insurance. The manager is going on a 2 week vacation and I'm just tickled!!! Anne

Hi Anne,
I'm glad that's you're having a great time. I've been using my Sapphire 875 more lately, until dd gets the foster kitten a new home. I'm allergic to him and dd's room is right next to the treadle room, so no treadling for a while.
Sharon W.

purplefiend 05-31-2011 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Geeze Sharon, even though the money raises your tax bracket it would seem to me you are still coming out ahead when you are bringing more money in? Anyway, I would love to see that collection of Pfaff treadles! I know they are out there, but it is not common to see the Pfaff treadles. I have never seen one in person, but if I ever find one locally - and I won't have to loose my ranch to buy it - I would buy that one for sure!
Nancy

Hi Nancy,
Gotta make Papa happy, got tired of him complaining about the taxes. The Pfaff treadles are kinda neat looking. One day I'll be able to convince the old man that I want to test drive one and possibly buy one from him.
Sharon

Glenn 05-31-2011 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by miriam

Originally Posted by jljack

Originally Posted by tomilu

Originally Posted by Glenn
Got ticks!

Now that is the test of a true camper - ticks!!!
Tommie

Oh YUCK!!! I love camping, but hate ticks & fleas!!

me and I stepped in dog doo doo and got my gillies yucky

We still feel like we have bugs crawling on us. Check the little dog and she had no ticks or fleas maybe we need to use that flea ane tick Advantage that we use on our pets that is applied to the back of the neck. :lol: Dog doo doo been there and done that I don't know why pet owners don't clean up after their pets. I was piecing with my FW and lady and her dog walked thru our campsite and the dog did his stuff and she kept walking and it is a good thing I carry my little poop bags on my dog's leash. People will be people!! Glenn

Kathie S. 05-31-2011 03:05 PM

I am so excited I finally got my Red Eye. Miss Carol was born Jan9, 1923. The top of the cabinet is completely gone. The rest is in good condition. Kathie S.

Glenn 05-31-2011 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
I am so excited I finally got my Red Eye. Miss Carol was born Jan9, 1923. The top of the cabinet is completely gone. The rest is in good condition. Kathie S.

Kathie, congrats on your red eye, You will love it. I think the 66 is the best machine ever. Glenn

purplefiend 05-31-2011 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by annesthreads
I've posted a couple of questions about the Singer 201, and someone suggested that I should be asking here. So in case you haven't seen my other threads:
Any dates/model that are particularly good/ to be avoided? I've worked out that many of those available in the UK are the 201-3, with a drive belt rather than a potted motor (had never heard that term till yesterday - am learning fast!) . What about the 1960s brown one - is that as good as the older ones?
I want a machine that I can use for free motion quilting, as my expensive modern one is *!*! at it. Have people used the 201 for FMQ? I understand that a disadvantage is that the bobbins are small, but the 301 was apparently not sold in Europe, so I don't have that alternative, and there don't seem to be as many 15s around.
The drive belt on the one I'm looking at doesn't look great. Is replacing it a straightforward job?
Many thanks!

From what I've heard from other owners of The Singer 201, the later models that are brown is that they are wonderful machines. I have the 201 and 15-90 both from England.
I have a 201-4 (1936)that was a hand crank, its treadled now and its one of my favorite machines. It machine quilts with the walking foot, but it doesn't do well for free motion quilting though. The 15-90(1949) had a motorectomy, treadles beautifully; it free motion quilts beautifully! I've done several baby quilts with it. Replacing the belt on the 15 isn't hard at all. You have to remove the hand wheel to do it.
Sharon

jljack 05-31-2011 03:12 PM

Here's a WHITE Singer 15!!! Ever seen one? They say made in 1938. I didn't check the Singer serial number site to verify, but it's only $20!!! 2 hours left on the auction!

http://cgi.ebay.com/1938-SINGER-SEWI...item415a3ddf3e

miriam 05-31-2011 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by miriam

Originally Posted by jljack

Originally Posted by tomilu

Got ticks!

Now that is the test of a true camper - ticks!!!
Tommie

Oh YUCK!!! I love camping, but hate ticks & fleas!!

me and I stepped in dog doo doo and got my gillies yucky

We still feel like we have bugs crawling on us. Check the little dog and she had no ticks or fleas maybe we need to use that flea ane tick Advantage that we use on our pets that is applied to the back of the neck. :lol: Dog doo doo been there and done that I don't know why pet owners don't clean up after their pets. I was piecing with my FW and lady and her dog walked thru our campsite and the dog did his stuff and she kept walking and it is a good thing I carry my little poop bags on my dog's leash. People will be people!! Glenn

I don't understand how they can avoid stepping in it when they don't know the dog put it there... :roll:

jljack 05-31-2011 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.

Kathie, congratulations on your new machine! I think it's a stunner!!

quiltdoctor 05-31-2011 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme

Originally Posted by irishrose
Any interested in refurbishing a black 301A? Three hours left on this one. I'd tell the seller to pitch the case and pack the machine carefully. My 301 shipped very well. The black one even has a buttonholer. Currently $31 with shipping at $15.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Singer-S...item1e63e1249e

Okay, time to get off ebay. I just found a good looking 201 for $168 with no shipping. I'm out of here.

I tried to get it, but somebody bid it up with 3 seconds to spare. Darn

Are you trying to enable all of us?????? :lol: