Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

treadlep 06-05-2011 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by hmross
ok, I need some help in locating the serial no or model no on a new home sewing machine. It's an older model in a cabinet. I need to try to find a manual needles etc. So any help that anyone can give me would be most appreciated.

On my vintage new home machine, the serial number and model number are located on front of the base of the machine, just in front of the needle/throat plate area. You have to lift the machine up out of the cabinet or case to see the numbers.

Phyllis nm 06-05-2011 11:03 AM

3 Attachment(s)
this is one of my 29K70s. i have used it over 20 years to sew patches on letter jackets plus.
i made an extension for an arm table. the other one is packed away, i can not legenth the stitch on it. i hope this works , new to pics.

treadlep 06-05-2011 11:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my vintage New Home Streamliner 270---belonged to my husband's grandmother and I recently cleaned it up and got it working again. It wouldn't move at all and I finally figured out that someone had put the bobbin setting in backwards. It's a 1950s-era straight stitch machine, class 15 bobbins, reverse, and has switches to drop and lower the feed dogs. It has an external motor that works, but I am considering putting it into a treadle cabinet. The light still works, and when it's on a red light on front of the machine lights up! It's in a queen anne style cabinet, but it's retro look doesn't seem to match it or really any of the old cabinets. So cute!

ep

amyjo 06-05-2011 11:39 AM

I have a light green Dressmaker that I bought on an auction sale so many years ago. I put it in the cupboard and totally forgot about it. I should get all my machines out and gussied up. I still have not been able to find my digital camera. I think it took a walk somewhere in my car. Who knows what happened to it.

SewExtremeSeams 06-05-2011 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by jpete523
Thank you, Nancy, I had forgotten about sewalot's website. I'll go back and read it again. I finally got the pictures out of my camera so I can post a picture of my Dressmaker. It's not very good but I hope you get the idea. I'm also posting my Western Electric.
Jan

Jan, I really like your Dressmaker, however, I love, love your Western Electric. How cool! :-D

BoJangles 06-05-2011 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by miriam
It is for darning. You REALLY have to have a picture to be able to put it on the machine. It is just a little wire. It works good though. I was able to really get some motion going on the little scrap. Even the back side looks good. I'm putting up a pic of the flower I made and one I already washed.

Miriam, that looks like a lot of fun!

Nancy

SewExtremeSeams 06-05-2011 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Phyllis nm
this is one of my 29K70s. i have used it over 20 years to sew patches on letter jackets plus.
i made an extension for an arm table. the other one is packed away, i can not legenth the stitch on it. i hope this works , new to pics.

Phyllis, love our 29K70s. I have seen many of those or similar Singer's on craigslist but have never thought to purchase one. Thanks for sharing. :-D

BoJangles 06-05-2011 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Phyllis nm

Wow, what an interesting looking machine! So both of your 29's were originally shoe/boot making machines? How in the world did you end up getting one and actually using it? Are they both treadles? Do they take the same amount of space as a normal Singer treadle cabinet or are those machines much bigger?

Nancy

chergram 06-05-2011 11:56 AM

can any one tell me if there is attachments for singer featherweight 221 machine

BoJangles 06-05-2011 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by treadlep
Here is my vintage New Home Streamliner 270---belonged to my husband's grandmother and I recently cleaned it up and got it working again. It wouldn't move at all and I finally figured out that someone had put the bobbin setting in backwards. It's a 1950s-era straight stitch machine, class 15 bobbins, reverse, and has switches to drop and lower the feed dogs. It has an external motor that works, but I am considering putting it into a treadle cabinet. The light still works, and when it's on a red light on front of the machine lights up! It's in a queen anne style cabinet, but it's retro look doesn't seem to match it or really any of the old cabinets. So cute!

ep

Very nice looking New Home - love the two tone green! You can call New Home and get the exact year of your machine. Someone on here has the phone number!

Nancy