Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

miriam 06-24-2011 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
I would bring coffee and apple pie too!

Vintagemotif, instead of coffee please bring pepsi I will bring the main course. Kathie

I'm not into sodas. I like my coffee and teas; but for you, I'll bring some pepsi. You know that stuff is bad for ya.[/quote]

yeah anything that eats rust...

girliegirl 06-24-2011 12:35 PM

Hey can i join in??? I will bring the funny cake !!

Originally Posted by miriam

Vintagemotif, instead of coffee please bring pepsi I will bring the main course. Kathie

I'm not into sodas. I like my coffee and teas; but for you, I'll bring some pepsi. You know that stuff is bad for ya.

yeah anything that eats rust...[/quote]

miriam 06-24-2011 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
My 301, AnnieRose, was shipped with a new foot controller. Her little groan is coming from the upper gears which have been lubricated with the Singer lube in the blue tube. How much different is Tri-Flow?

The Stylist still seems stiff. I think it's going home with my GD. She can get along w/o the ZZ.

It does seem to be slicker - When it is dried out it goes to a dry powder rather than gummy
If you haven't oiled your AnnieRose you might want to open up the top and oil her - if she is gummy - I have my suspicions... you might want to clean her up with some kerosene and dissolve some of the gum. If you switch to tri flo you want to STAY with it. You can get CLEAR high grade sewing machine oil and it would help too. I like the tri-flo because I don't like cleaning up after gummy messes - been there done that.

Kathie S. 06-24-2011 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by girliegirl

Originally Posted by miriam

I'm not into sodas. I like my coffee and teas; but for you, I'll bring some pepsi. You know that stuff is bad for ya.

yeah anything that eats rust...

[/quote]

Kathie S. 06-24-2011 01:11 PM

[quote=Kathie S.][quote=girliegirl]Hey can i join in??? I will bring the funny cake !!

What is funny cake? The more the better.

miriam 06-24-2011 01:12 PM

[quote=Kathie S.][quote=Kathie S.]

send a picture - the recipe might be fattening...

irishrose 06-24-2011 01:13 PM

I've opened the top and oiled my 301 several times. There is no gunk, at least not where it can be seen and the gears are well lubed as are the ones accessed by removing the bottom of the machine. I will look for some TriFlow.

Deplaylady, A 401A was made in Anderson, South Carolina. The 401 was made in the Northeast or in Great Britain.

girliegirl 06-24-2011 01:13 PM

funny cake is PA DUTCH FOOD!! i will post the recipe on here, tonight if I get a chance, cheep and easy to make and very yummy with a cup of tea...
[quote=Kathie S.][quote=Kathie S.]

miriam 06-24-2011 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
I've opened the top and oiled my 301 several times. There is no gunk, at least not where it can be seen and the gears are well lubed as are the ones accessed by removing the bottom of the machine. I will look for some TriFlow.

Deplaylady, A 401A was made in Anderson, South Carolina. The 401 was made in the Northeast or in Great Britain.

I wonder how the machines differ? Big difference between the German & the American.

No gunk. HHHMMMMM no lint. no gunk. check the balance wheel gears. I had one once had a little lint in there - ran funny. Drove me crazy until I figured it out. Did you clean & oil the bobbin races?

Charlee 06-24-2011 01:41 PM

Wow...check this one out!! I'd break down and steal to get this machine (cuz I sure couldn't afford it!! :lol: )

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Miniature-S...item5ae11d931a