Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Deara 06-09-2010 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Darcene
Wow, what a pretty lady....I don't remember having seen this decal pattern before.....you have done an excellent job cleaning her...she will really shine after the L.G.

Darcene (still dancing in Ks)

I had never seen this decal pattern either.
Our resident expert, Billy told me what it was.
He sure knows his stuff.

And I see you dancing in Kansas. You have a treasure there.
Never thought wearing jewelry would scratch our pretty ladies.
I do wear three rings, wedding band & thumb rings. Thumb rings can come off, not the wedding band. Thanks for the heads up.

Blessings to you,
Sandi

Miz Johnny 06-09-2010 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Kat B
Cindy Peters, who runs a mail order sewing machine parts business

Does Cindy Peters have a web address that we can visit?

Kat B

I don't think she has a web site, but she does have supplies for sale posted in her Webshots albums:

(http://community.webshots.com/user/stitchesintime)

She also has an Ebay store, but it's cheaper to order direct. Her email is:

([email protected])

Lostn51 06-09-2010 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Deara
May I introduce you to 'Star', so named for the Variant Star decal on the bed. (thanks Billy for that info)
She has been cleaned, but she still needs her coat of Liquid Gold.

:shock: :shock: :shock: WHOA :shock: :shock: :shock:

Talk about looking like a new machine!!! Sandi you and your hubby did an excellent job and on such a rare machine at that.

After the Liquid Gold it will be screaming! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Billy

cjaye44 06-09-2010 02:05 PM

I was looking at a machine and got the serial #. I sent an email to Singer and they replied saying it was a 15K. Does the K have any significance? The manual says 15-91 but maybe it did not belong to this particular machine??

Deara 06-09-2010 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by cjaye44
I was looking at a machine and got the serial #. I sent an email to Singer and they replied saying it was a 15K. Does the K have any significance? The manual says 15-91 but maybe it did not belong to this particular machine??

I can answer your question about what the K means.
I have learned that the K stands for the Kilbowie Singer plant in Clydebank, Scotland.

Blessings,
Sandi

cjaye44 06-09-2010 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Deara

Originally Posted by cjaye44

I can answer your question about what the K means.
I have learned that the K stands for the Kilbowie Singer plant in Clydebank, Scotland.

Blessings,
Sandi

Thanks so much. And congratulations on your new machine!! It's a real beauty.

JoAnnGC 06-09-2010 03:18 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I'm sure I've lost my mind. I blame it on all of you since I was perfectly sane before I started out with the QB. I was all set to acquire a reasonably priced (i.e., inexpensive) FW. I have been bidding on hundreds of them over the past few months but haven't won yet. Then I came across this cute green thing, became obsessed and forgot about the FWs. I just won an auction on shopgoodwill.com a Husqvarna Viking Automatic Type 21 machine in its original case. It looks pretty good cosmetically and I have no idea what it is really worth or if it will actually work but I just paid what I think is a very reasonable price for it (I almost feel guilty). I am going to try to post the pics from the auction listing and would really appreciate it if anyone can give me any info on this machine as I have not been able to find more than a couple of websites that even mention it. I know I'll probably have to do some cleaning and oiling and I will be happy to receive lots of helpful advice, comments, pros, cons, etc. I'm such a silly girl sometimes...I know part of the reason I love the look of this machine is because it matches my KitchenAid stand mixer (also a pretty green) which is my favorite appliance of all time. I hope I made a good decision. By the way, I lied...I don't think I've ever been perfectly sane...that would be very boring!!! Take a look and tell me what you think of it.

Viking Automatic 21
[ATTACH=CONFIG]82294[/ATTACH]

Viking 21 front view
[ATTACH=CONFIG]82295[/ATTACH]

Viking 21 closeup
[ATTACH=CONFIG]82296[/ATTACH]

Kat B 06-09-2010 03:20 PM

She's a cutie alright. I love the green color.
Kat B

JoAnnGC 06-09-2010 03:20 PM

3 Attachment(s)
And here are a few more pics of the Viking 21...

Viking 21 inside view
[ATTACH=CONFIG]82297[/ATTACH]

Viking 21 rear view
[ATTACH=CONFIG]82298[/ATTACH]

Viking 21 in case
[ATTACH=CONFIG]82299[/ATTACH]

no1jan 06-09-2010 03:41 PM

JoAnnGC,

She's fantastic and so clean. I love the case. Looks like you have a very nice machine on your hands. And look at that extension table!! I could go on and on!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Enjoy :thumbup: