Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

cabinqltr 07-01-2010 05:18 PM

[quote=Wine Woman]I got the treadle bug and started looking! Spent a day on the coast looking at five machines and came back with nothing! I was so discouraged with what people thought were nice machines.

In your pic of attachments, can you tell me what the item on the left above the bobbin to the right of the book is. I have a couple of these and would like to know what they are. Anyone know? Thanks. Ruth

Wine Woman 07-01-2010 05:28 PM

The book says it's a Bias Gauge. It says, "The bias gauge may be used by placing it on the point of a pair of scissors and different widths of material may be cut by adjusting the slide marked "S". Bias binding for binder No. 36595 should be cut fifteen-sixteenths of an inch wide, and to do this the slide "S" should be placed half way between the lines marked "F" and "B" and the edge of the goods should be passed through the attachment and against the slide while cutting. Hope this helps!
[quote=cabinqltr]

Originally Posted by Wine Woman
I got the treadle bug and started looking! Spent a day on the coast looking at five machines and came back with nothing! I was so discouraged with what people thought were nice machines.

In your pic of attachments, can you tell me what the item on the left above the bobbin to the right of the book is. I have a couple of these and would like to know what they are. Anyone know? Thanks. Ruth

:wink:

Wine Woman 07-01-2010 05:29 PM

What would be the best way to remove what looks like rust on the attachments?

alaskasunshine 07-01-2010 05:34 PM

Your machine is pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

Lostn51 07-01-2010 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by BKinCO
OH MY GOSH! BILLY!!!

I do believe I see some sort of electrical cord attached to that machine! Are you really sure you own this??? There's probably a treadle hooked to it some way, right?? Gotta get your work out!

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Here is mine before cleaning....

Billy

HAHAHA Okay you got me on that one and you know I have an aversion to electric anythings, but I had to have a machine that you would approve of. :mrgreen:

Who knows you might want to use it sometime! ;)

Billy

mom-6 07-01-2010 05:36 PM

If you have a paste metal cleaner, I think that would be what I'd try first.

Lostn51 07-01-2010 05:38 PM

Wine woman you did great when you bought that machine!! If you need a light for it PM me and I think I can fix you up.

Billy

Wine Woman 07-01-2010 05:46 PM

Is that a common thing people do-is add a light to the back? I was thinking I should take it off and put the beautiful plate back on the back.

Wine woman you did great when you bought that machine!! If you need a light for it PM me and I think I can fix you up.

Billy

cabinqltr 07-01-2010 05:46 PM

[quote=Wine Woman]The book says it's a Bias Gauge. It says, "The bias gauge may be used by placing it on the point of a pair of scissors and different widths of material may be cut by adjusting the slide marked "S". Bias binding for binder No. 36595 should be cut fifteen-sixteenths of an inch wide, and to do this the slide "S" should be placed half way between the lines marked "F" and "B" and the edge of the goods should be passed through the attachment and against the slide while cutting. Hope this helps!

Thank you so much. Learn something new each day. Ruth

BKinCO 07-01-2010 05:46 PM

Well you know I am kind of worried about the other kinds of appliances you have in your house.....I'm slightly concerned your aversion to electricity spills out into other areas and you use washboards and wringers..... and cook over a open fire :)

Originally Posted by BKinCO
OH MY GOSH! BILLY!!!

I do believe I see some sort of electrical cord attached to that machine! Are you really sure you own this??? There's probably a treadle hooked to it some way, right?? Gotta get your work out!

Here is mine before cleaning....

Billy

HAHAHA Okay you got me on that one and you know I have an aversion to electric anythings, but I had to have a machine that you would approve of. :mrgreen:

Who knows you might want to use it sometime! ;)

Billy