Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Wine Woman 07-01-2010 05:47 PM

Thank you Alaskasunshine and cabinqltr glad I could help.

Charlee 07-01-2010 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Wine Woman
What would be the best way to remove what looks like rust on the attachments?

Oh Cindy...she's BEAUTIFUL!!

I remove rust with good, old fashioned vinegar. You don't want to soak too long tho...vinegar WILL eat the metal! I'm not sure I'd soak at all as a matter of fact, but instead just use it with a toothbrush and a rag to scrub the rust off. After you get the rust off, you're going to have to put some kind of preventitive on...I use clear nail polish...VERY carefully! Just a thin coat will seal and protect...

Lostn51 07-01-2010 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Wine Woman
Is that a common thing people do-is add a light to the back? I was thinking I should take it off and put the beautiful plate back on the back.

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Wine woman you did great when you bought that machine!! If you need a light for it PM me and I think I can fix you up.

Billy

The plate is supposed to go over the light bracket anyway. I dont know why the left it off unless they lost it or didnt know any better. But yes the machines treadled back then never had lights unless they were added on.

Billy

Lostn51 07-01-2010 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by BKinCO
Well you know I am kind of worried about the other kinds of appliances you have in your house.....I'm slightly concerned your aversion to electricity spills out into other areas and you use washboards and wringers..... and cook over a open fire :)

Look I know this is Tennessee and all but we do have some of the modern conveniences :lol: :lol:

I just cant do the whole electric sewing machine thing........

Billy

BKinCO 07-01-2010 06:04 PM

Well out here in Colorado, things are a whole lot different. We like our electricity.

Well you know I am kind of worried about the other kinds of appliances you have in your house.....I'm slightly concerned your aversion to electricity spills out into other areas and you use washboards and wringers..... and cook over a open fire :)

Look I know this is Tennessee and all but we do have some of the modern conveniences :lol: :lol:

I just cant do the whole electric sewing machine thing........

Billy

Honchey 07-01-2010 06:08 PM

I really am having fun just reading all this chit chat. but it stopped, I want more, more,

Lostn51 07-01-2010 06:10 PM

Well out here in Colorado, things are a whole lot different. We like our electricity.

I guess I will see first hand since I AM staying with you while I am on my trip.

But I know for a fact that someone has a really nice Red Eye in her garage that needs to be enjoyed. Maybe I can give you some one on one help getting it back in working order and watching you use it for the first time.

Billy

Lostn51 07-01-2010 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey
I really am having fun just reading all this chit chat. but it stopped, I want more, more,

Sounds like we are married doesnt it LOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Billy

Honchey 07-01-2010 06:17 PM

Everytime I giggle or laugh my hubby looks at me like I'm crazy

Wine Woman 07-01-2010 06:32 PM

Thank you Billy, I paid $125.00. I hadn't planned on paying that price but she was just in such good condition I was comfortable with that.

Wine woman you did great when you bought that machine!! If you need a light for it PM me and I think I can fix you up.

Billy