Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

bourvel 01-09-2011 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny

Originally Posted by bourvel

This looks very much like my nephew's singer sewing machine is wants to sell. It's a 1914 machine with attachements and also a authenticity certificate. It's in great condition and so is the cabinet. He's asking 200$ and has no buyer. If the cabinet is worth 100$, I figure it's not too much for the whole thing around 200$.
What do you think?

There are many factors (area and availability, condition, style, etc.) but it's hard to get $200 for a treadle. I just sold a singer parlor treadle for $150. It did have damage on top (the dreaded plant ring), but was otherwise in good condition, and is a far more rare cabinet.

Thanks for your input, I'll pass the word to my nephew. The sewing machine is in Upland, California is anyone around this aera would like to see it and make an offer, just send me a PM

Lostn51 01-09-2011 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Randa
Okay...her she is...and you should see the attachements that came with her! I'll try and get a better pic before the evening is over and the attachements. All of the attachments are a little rusty....and the machine itself is really dirty! Needs to be cleaned oiled and a new belt. Should be a great machine! I'd certainly be willing to make copies of the book. Do you all have attachments also?? I'm missing the quilter guide. I'd really like that and the "self sewer" that is attached to the gauge (different from the quilter guage).

Could you take a closer photo of the certificate or scan it and send it to me so I can have a copy for my research?

That is a wonderful machine and I am amazed at how well it was taken care of!! You should be very proud.

Billy

cabbagepatchkid 01-09-2011 04:26 PM

Okay...her she is...and you should see the attachements that came with her! I'll try and get a better pic before the evening is over and the attachements.

WOWZA!! She is gorgeous and the decals look like they are in perfect condition!! Can you get some close up pics of the decals?

cabbagepatchkid 01-09-2011 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by suzieQ
BILLY I TRIED THAT WEB SITE THEY SAID NO ANSWER WHAT NOW HELP SUZIEQ WOULD LOSTN51 KNOW

SuzieQ...try this site to learn more about your 301.

http://blog.sew-classic.com/2009/03/...ne-review.aspx

And here is a link to a free copy of the manual. It has lots of machines listed, just scroll down until you find your machine listed and click on that:

http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_...e-manuals.html

tomilu 01-09-2011 04:43 PM

I saw an ad on CL today for a vintage machine. The person ended the paragraph with ...and the light turns on so you know it sews. Just toooo funny. May not have a needle or bobbin, but the light lets you know it sews. lol lol

whenpigsfly 01-09-2011 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by tomilu
I saw an ad on CL today for a vintage machine. The person ended the paragraph with ...and the light turns on so you know it sews. Just toooo funny.

I can top that! ...I got out in the pouring, freezing rain today to go look at a machine in a treadle cabinet that was advertised on CL (I had called first to make sure the "treadle" was still available). What they were selling was an c. 1950 electric Franklin in an all wooden cabinet. (The person I spoke to on the phone was under 40. Obviously, if I'm ever again talking about a treadle I've never seen, I'll be posivitely elementary in describing what I'm looking for.)

sew wishful 01-09-2011 05:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Okay...her she is...and you should see the attachements that came with her! I'll try and get a better pic before the evening is over and the attachements. All of the attachments are a little rusty....and the machine itself is really dirty! Needs to be cleaned oiled and a new belt. Should be a great machine! I'd certainly be willing to make copies of the book. Do you all have attachments also?? I'm missing the quilter guide. I'd really like that and the "self sewer" that is attached to the gauge (different from the quilter guage).

Could you take a closer photo of the certificate or scan it and send it to me so I can have a copy for my research?

That is a wonderful machine and I am amazed at how well it was taken care of!! You should be very proud.

Billy

Here you go, Billy!!

cabbagepatchkid 01-09-2011 05:32 PM

I saw an ad on CL today for a vintage machine. The person ended the paragraph with ...and the light turns on so you know it sews. Just toooo funny. May not have a needle or bobbin, but the light lets you know it sews. lol lol

That's funny! I love looking at the ads on CL. How about the pictures that they add to their listing that only shows the back of the sewing machine? Sometimes they have several pictures and they are all of the back of the machine :mrgreen:

dunster 01-09-2011 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid

That's funny! I love looking at the ads on CL. How about the pictures that they add to their listing that only shows the back of the sewing machine? Sometimes they have several pictures and they are all of the back of the machine :mrgreen:

And then there are the ones that only show the cabinet, sometimes with the lid up but the machine still deep inside. This is another great ad - a free spinning motor??? red eye a grade of sewing machine? http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/atq/2151667389.html

whenpigsfly 01-09-2011 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
I love looking at the ads on CL. How about the pictures that they add to their listing that only shows the back of the sewing machine? Sometimes they have several pictures and they are all of the back of the machine :mrgreen:

I responded by e-mail to a CL ad for a "Singer machine in wood case". The ad included a picture of the machine sitting in the base of a Bentwood case, but no evidence of the top portion of the case. I asked to see the top of the portable case; they sent me a picture of the handle!