Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

HisPatchwork 12-01-2010 03:52 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I have wanted a treadle sewing machine since hearing about them on this board, so I have told friends and family to be on the lookout for me. My friend's DSI found one and sent a picture. A few phone calls and pictures later it is mine. I will have more questions when it gets to me, I'm sure. They paid for it today and will pick it up tomorrow. Then they will bring it to me later when they come.

serial # 6859189
[ATTACH=CONFIG]136828[/ATTACH]

JaneK 12-01-2010 05:16 PM

Wow, to think they were so close, and all you had to do was ask! Those are beautiful machines. I have a garage sale lotus that I cleaned per Billy's tutorials. I posted pictures on pg 445. Congratulations on your "new" machines.

BoJangles 12-01-2010 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by HisPatchwork
I have wanted a treadle sewing machine since hearing about them on this board, so I have told friends and family to be on the lookout for me. My friend's DSI found one and sent a picture. A few phone calls and pictures later it is mine. I will have more questions when it gets to me, I'm sure. They paid for it today and will pick it up tomorrow. Then they will bring it to me later when they come.

Wow, that is one of the most complete sphinx's I have seen - decals that is! Beautiful!

Nancy

JaneK 12-01-2010 06:18 PM

Hi All,

Does anyone know who makes the stradivaro machine? There is one on ebay and it looks interesting but has no model number and i don't know where to look for additional info or pictures. Does anyone know of a website i could look at. Google has not been particularly helpful. Thanks, Jane

Cindy Lou Who 12-01-2010 06:27 PM

Be careful if your Hubby does get interested in the "old girls" because it can get addictive. My Hubby has a long list of names and phone numbers of people that have an old machine they might want to sell. We already have toooo many. But I have sewed on everyone and enjoy them as much as he does. :lol: :lol: Is it snowing in your part of the state?[/quote]

Just wish I had more free time right now to play with them and figure out a parts list, if they're fixable.

Poured the rain down here yesterday - lots of standing water where the ground is saturated, and it's a damp, cold snowy day today. Feels like Frosty is getting geared up to make an appearance soon.
If your hubby refinished the cabinet you had as your avatar, I think you have a keeper too! It is so beautiful...

vintagemotif 12-01-2010 08:00 PM

I love seeing all the machines. Thanks for sharing.
HisPatchwork, I like all the wiring around the treadle stand. Wonder what that was all about. I would toss the motor and just use the treadle.
Ohio Star Quilter, Your New Home coffin and cabinet is gorgeous!
Crossstitcher, I love your quilt in your avatar, very NICE!

HisPatchwork 12-01-2010 09:14 PM

HisPatchwork, I like all the wiring around the treadle stand. Wonder what that was all about. I would toss the motor and just use the treadle.

That is what I am thinking. I wasn't looking for a motorized one. I will be finding out more once it gets here.

BoJangles 12-01-2010 09:18 PM

I agree with Vintagemotif! Give that Sphinx a motorectomy. I can't believe someone put a motor on a pre 1900 machine!

Nancy

BoJangles 12-01-2010 09:20 PM

Wow that is an 1885 machine!

Nancy

HisPatchwork 12-01-2010 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles

Wow that is an 1885 machine!

Nancy

Yes, I looked it up earlier and found that out. I am pretty excited about it! I should have went to bed an hour ago, but found a neat site about Singer through the ages 1850-1940. I've checked this page several times this evening with each new post. Well, I need to stop for now---although I will probably check back 1st thing in the morning....I need to think about a place for it to go when it gets here...lol