Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

SewExtremeSeams 06-15-2010 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by quilterguy27
Thanks! I thought so too. It's just so darn cute and tiny. I knew they were small, but had no idea how small until now. So now when I say I'm off to play with my new toy I really mean it. Once she's up and running right I'm going to be knocking out quilt tops left and right. (One can dream, can't one?)

Originally Posted by BKinCO
Ok that's just about the cutest machine ever, Doug!

Doug, you will love cranking out on your FW. I have had mine for a short while. I have quilted on it and have made a size 3 dress for GD and an apron with my GS. It is sewwww great for traveling too ;-) :!:

quilt addict 06-15-2010 01:40 PM

Linda,

I had emailed some questions and she called me right away. After she admitted she new nothing about it, I just mentioned that she had in the ad OBO and she said she would give it to me for $15. I said well....., I guess so. I don't even know if there is a power cord to it. Maybe I'll be surprised. I hope so. I hear Necchi's are wonderful machines. I hope it is in better shape then the paint.

I will post pictures. That is the fun part.

Lacelady 06-15-2010 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
HI Lacelady, I am sew glad you have joined the cafe group. I have long admired many things about you and having you here is even more wonderful!!

I remember the story you shared about traveling on a narrow road to get your machine fixed, I think.

Craigslist does list Ireland. If you look way over to the right of the page you will see it. I am not familiar with what would be close to you but you would know.

Looking foward to your photos. Oh, and you should get a medal for reading through all of the pages. :!: :!: There are several other newbies that I am sure you ran across in the 140+ pages. But, you have read the most to catch up.

Billy, isn't there something for her???

Thank you for the nice welcome - I am holding off ordering the DVD/Book on servicing FW's until my new baby arrives, just in case it hasn't travelled well. I have to take my Bernina's way up into Northern Ireland to be serviced, and it's a long day trip - there is only one dealer in the whole of the Republic, and I wouldn't trust him with my machine after the fiasco the one and only time he had it in his hands.

I have a question about GoJo - can you tell me what it looks like? I have been told that the only one available here has the pumice in it, and I am wondering if something called Swarfega would be a good substitute. It's a green jell kind of hand cleaner that mechanics often use, and which gets rid of all the grease on their hands. Does anyone think I might be able to use this instead of Gojo to clean my old S&N machine please?

quilt addict 06-15-2010 01:41 PM

Now what else can we cook up to surprise Billy when he gets back??/// :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

dunster 06-15-2010 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Katia
This may have been posted already, but it now has an explanation for the price. Seems like we were wondering if it was a mistake or not, or this may even be a different machine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I just thought it was interesting.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but that is a 99K, not a 128K as the ad states.

SewExtremeSeams 06-15-2010 01:43 PM

Lisa, wow, I am in awe. We just never know the doors that will open for us.

Necchi's are made in Italy. The cabinet that came with mine was also made in Italy. I don't know if that makes it cool or what but in researching it, I do believe it is a very sturdy machine. :-D

SewExtremeSeams 06-15-2010 01:47 PM

LACELADY wrote: Thank you for the nice welcome - I am holding off ordering the DVD/Book on servicing FW's until my new baby arrives, just in case it hasn't travelled well. I have to take my Bernina's way up into Northern Ireland to be serviced, and it's a long day trip - there is only one dealer in the whole of the Republic, and I wouldn't trust him with my machine after the fiasco the one and only time he had it in his hands.

I have a question about GoJo - can you tell me what it looks like? I have been told that the only one available here has the pumice in it, and I am wondering if something called Swarfega would be a good substitute. It's a green jell kind of hand cleaner that mechanics often use, and which gets rid of all the grease on their hands. Does anyone think I might be able to use this instead of Gojo to clean my old S&N machine please?[/quote]

Leslie, yes, Swarfega should work as long as it doesn't have any pumice in it. Gojo is a hand cleaner used for the same reasons as Swarfega.

Thanks for reminding me... you are a Bernina owner also.

SewExtremeSeams 06-15-2010 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by quilt addict
Now what else can we cook up to surprise Billy when he gets back??/// :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

:?: :shock: :?: :shock:
THINKING... hmmm... We should ask Valerie, I bet she would know something funny!

Lostn51 06-15-2010 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by BKinCO

OH NO, BKinCO... I hope you feel better soon.

If you have spent more than Billy, just remember 1) it isn't a contest and 2) you can spend less from here on out. LOL (not at your expense--oh, didn't realize that would be a pun... reallly not intended, as they say. :-D

ROFL. I'll live. I am just incapable of letting any opportunity of picking at Billy go by.......It IS pretty sickening though.....;)

I think you might have had one to many............. But feel free to pick at me I like it!!! :mrgreen:

Actually I have not paid over $50 for a machine yet but there will be the day when I do. But I have bought and sold enough machines and cabinets to dwindle the cost down to that. Trust me my collection is far from huge but it has some really nice machines in it.

Oh and yes a few of them were really bad off.........

Billy

Lacelady 06-15-2010 02:12 PM

LACELADY wrote: Thank you for the nice welcome - I am holding off ordering the DVD/Book on servicing FW's until my new baby arrives, just in case it hasn't travelled well. I have to take my Bernina's way up into Northern Ireland to be serviced, and it's a long day trip - there is only one dealer in the whole of the Republic, and I wouldn't trust him with my machine after the fiasco the one and only time he had it in his hands.

I have a question about GoJo - can you tell me what it looks like? I have been told that the only one available here has the pumice in it, and I am wondering if something called Swarfega would be a good substitute. It's a green jell kind of hand cleaner that mechanics often use, and which gets rid of all the grease on their hands. Does anyone think I might be able to use this instead of Gojo to clean my old S&N machine please?

Leslie, yes, Swarfega should work as long as it doesn't have any pumice in it. Gojo is a hand cleaner used for the same reasons as Swarfega.

Thanks for reminding me... you are a Bernina owner also.[/quote]

That's great, Sew. I'll check before I buy some, but I don't think it has any pumice in it. As for Kerosene, that isn't a problem for me, my central heating is run on it, and I have 1000 litres in a tank in the garden!