Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Aurora 06-15-2010 02:17 PM

Thank you, you have managed to put my mind at rest a little bit, I shall just have to be patient now, until it arrives. Going to you via Timbuctoo seems a little extreme though.[/quote]

Shipper did not put all the address on the label and UPS looked up a 7-year old address and rerouted it. Fortunately, I was watching its progress and called UPS to correct the address and send it back to its original destination. The box showed signs of wear, but the machine was in excellent conditon.

purplefiend 06-15-2010 02:18 PM

Lisa,
If there's no power cord, treadling it is a possilbility.

purplefiend 06-15-2010 02:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but that is a 99K, not a 128K as the ad states.[/quote]

That 99k looks just like mine, except mine is in better condition.

Lostn51 06-15-2010 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey
Billie, What kind of cabinets do you have? Anne

Mainly treadles Singers, a New Home from 1870's, a Queen Anne that my Kenmore is in, I have the one that my 500A came in but it is for sale.

I have a main quilting bench in my shop that has a treadle mounted under it. I can change the wood plates out to accommodate the different machines I have. It will even allow for an industrial machine to be used if I want it in there.

Billy

Lostn51 06-15-2010 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by BKinCO
INDEED! For more reasons than one..................

See what happens when he's not here to defend himself???

Originally Posted by SewExtreme

Originally Posted by BKinCO

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
OH NO, BKinCO... I hope you feel better soon.

If you have spent more than Billy, just remember 1) it isn't a contest and 2) you can spend less from here on out. LOL (not at your expense--oh, didn't realize that would be a pun... reallly not intended, as they say. :-D

ROFL. I'll live. I am just incapable of letting any opportunity of picking at Billy go by.......It IS pretty sickening though.....;)

Good then. He does need a little harrassment now and then :shock:

Boy you guys are tough :lol: :lol: :lol:

Billy

Lostn51 06-15-2010 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
I have a question about GoJo - can you tell me what it looks like? I have been told that the only one available here has the pumice in it, and I am wondering if something called Swarfega would be a good substitute. It's a green jell kind of hand cleaner that mechanics often use, and which gets rid of all the grease on their hands. Does anyone think I might be able to use this instead of Gojo to clean my old S&N machine please?

If it has no pumice in it I say go for it! I think I know what your talking about because we have something close to that and it works great for cleaning your hands. You just do not need anything with a grit that will take the finish off of your machine.

Billy

Lostn51 06-15-2010 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by quilt addict
Now what else can we cook up to surprise Billy when he gets back??/// :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Not you too Lisa...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Billy

Lacelady 06-15-2010 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Originally Posted by Lacelady
I have a question about GoJo - can you tell me what it looks like? I have been told that the only one available here has the pumice in it, and I am wondering if something called Swarfega would be a good substitute. It's a green jell kind of hand cleaner that mechanics often use, and which gets rid of all the grease on their hands. Does anyone think I might be able to use this instead of Gojo to clean my old S&N machine please?

If it has no pumice in it I say go for it! I think I know what your talking about because we have something close to that and it works great for cleaning your hands. You just do not need anything with a grit that will take the finish off of your machine.

Billy

Thanks Billy, I'm going to check to see what it says on the tin when I go shopping.

Quilt Mom 06-15-2010 02:58 PM

I can't find (in all these pages) a link for looking up manuals. I thought I saw one. Help! Will someone please tell me what page the link is on? Many thanks, in advance. I have a singer 206K, with a manual in a foreign (to me) language. I'd like to find one in English.

dunster 06-15-2010 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but that is a 99K, not a 128K as the ad states.

That 99k looks just like mine, except mine is in better condition.[/quote]

Then you should be able to get even more than $10K for yours, right? I heard a rumor that yours was used by FDR himself... ;-)