Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

ThayerRags 09-30-2011 05:32 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
The ad said for a coffee table. What a travesty!

Actually, the sewing machine parts of this coffee table could be completely unaltered.

Some treadle stands are shorter than “normal”, as shown by my photo of a New Royal treadle. The top appears to be a replacement added to White “Twiggy” cabinet parts, and a wheel guard fabricated for it. The wooden cabinet parts themselves don’t appear to be altered either, just used as a “skirt” for the new top.

CD in Oklahoma

New Royal Treadle
[ATTACH=CONFIG]264397[/ATTACH]

ThayerRags 09-30-2011 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by Candace
O.K....is this a 99 with a Godzilla finish? If not, what is it? What would you pay?

It appears to be a Singer 128-23, produced during the 40s.

CD in Oklahoma

deplaylady 09-30-2011 06:00 AM

Yay! I got my slide plate screw for my 185J! And a new (well old) original slide plate for my 15-30. I got them from Bob and Sue's Sales and Service, the Singer Authorized Service Center nearest me that carries parts. I talked to Sue, she was really nice. They charged me only for the screw. I was looking for the friction spring and plate screw for the 15-30 because I bought a repro, but they are sending me an original because the friction plate and screws are attached as one piece to the older models - and they are sending that piece free - just paying shipping.

deplaylady 09-30-2011 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Howdy! Just popping in for a moment. Can anyone help this person?

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-156922-1.htm

She was given a bentwood case that is heavy and it appears to be locked. Someone located a key on eBay for $24. Maybe someone has an extra key they could sell her for less.

Oh yeah, her DH wants to just break it open. Yikes! Rescue her if you can.

Thanks. :shock: :shock: :shock:

She got rescued - and it is a beautiful handcrank machine! What a wonderful surprise!

QuiltnCowgirl 09-30-2011 08:29 AM

Charlee - Hazel cleaned up VERY nicely! Great job by you & DH.

QuiltnCowgirl 09-30-2011 08:32 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok, I need some help identifying a machine. Anyone familiar with Morse sewing machines? Got an email from my nephew asking what this machine is & if I know of anyone interested in it. Told him I would ask & see what you folks had to say. If anyone can help me with model, serial #, value, etc., I would greatly appreciate it.

melinda1962 09-30-2011 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif

O.K....is this a 99 with a Godzilla finish? If not, what is it? What would you pay?

Candace,

Cute machine! Looks to be a Singer 99 with the Godzilla finish.
No more than $100.

I lightened the picture and it has the double slide plate, so I am thinking 128 Blackside, Godzilla finish. There have been some on Goodwill, and I actually have one. Prices vary according to location, as usual.

melinda1962 09-30-2011 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Here she is!! More pics will be on my blog (second link, not the Dear Jane link) in about an hour!! :)

Beautiful machine!!! Good job on fixing up. :thumbup:

vintagemotif 09-30-2011 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by ThayerRags

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
The ad said for a coffee table. What a travesty!

Actually, the sewing machine parts of this coffee table could be completely unaltered.

Some treadle stands are shorter than “normal”, as shown by my photo of a New Royal treadle. The top appears to be a replacement added to White “Twiggy” cabinet parts, and a wheel guard fabricated for it. The wooden cabinet parts themselves don’t appear to be altered either, just used as a “skirt” for the new top.

CD in Oklahoma

That's good that the irons can come this way, but sad that they modified the cabinet. It is the most unusual treadle/cabinet that I have seen so far.

Thanks for the photo as reference!

jljack 09-30-2011 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by melinda1962

Originally Posted by vintagemotif

Candace,

Cute machine! Looks to be a Singer 99 with the Godzilla finish.
No more than $100.

I lightened the picture and it has the double slide plate, so I am thinking 128 Blackside, Godzilla finish. There have been some on Goodwill, and I actually have one. Prices vary according to location, as usual.

I recently got a 128 Blackside from Quintncowgirl, and she sold it to me for what she bought it for...$30!! And it's in GREAT condition.