Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

chris_quilts 10-06-2011 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Originally Posted by Fabb
But Billy, you're like the Sewing Machine Whisperer. I think I'd have a stroke if I had 5 machines come in in one day. And that would be after DH kills me. He's at his limit with 16 machines already. Thank goodness he leaves for hunting next week :p.

Hey one of the 5 is a big old Singer industrial 1300-1 with about a 15" throat space on it perfect for some FMQ quilting!!! And the rest are treadles from the 1800's including a W&W #8 that is immaculate with all of the decals! Billy

Sweet! for the W&W #8. I have a #9 but it's buried in the herd and both machine and cabinet need some work. Hopefully, that'll happen either later this year or early next year.

Charlee 10-06-2011 07:44 PM

But Billy, you're like the Sewing Machine Whisperer. I think I'd have a stroke if I had 5 machines come in in one day. And that would be after DH kills me. He's at his limit with 16 machines already. Thank goodness he leaves for hunting next week :p.

Hey one of the 5 is a big old Singer industrial 1300-1 with about a 15" throat space on it perfect for some FMQ quilting!!! And the rest are treadles from the 1800's including a W&W #8 that is immaculate with all of the decals!

Billy

There's an industrial Singer that sounds like your description in one of the local shops for $100...and I wanna see pics of the #8! :)

Rainy Day 10-07-2011 12:10 AM

http://www.ismacs.net/home.html
Enjoy :P

miriam 10-07-2011 01:36 AM

Okay, I need some help here. Do I *really* need a third 201-3? Don't enable me, but it is a centennial in a portable case for $50. I'm still trying to put my 411g back together and I'm looking at other machines. I feel like I'm cheating on the ones waiting in line to be cleaned. Not to mention that I'm getting no sewing done. And I still need to go pick up my treadle with a 15-96 in it sometime in the next week.

What is a girl to do? ;)

I have a 411G also. Nice piece. I posted pics on the pic gallery.

sew wishful 10-07-2011 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by Rainy Day

Anyone going to this auction??? I'd love love love a featherweight table!!! And any handcrank could be thrown in!! This would have been a great time to go visit my son in Clarksville! :cry: :wink:

Weedwoman 10-07-2011 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by Weedwoman
What would a Singer 9W in a good cabinet be worth. The machine just needs a good cleaning. Any help is appreciated. The asking price is $100

For that price get it they were not made for a couple of years at the most between 1910 and 1911. And if your lucky it was made from the left over castings of the W&W factory buy out. If it was then your sitting on a gold mine!!

Billy

The number on the machine is: 3143901

Lostn51 10-07-2011 03:32 AM

I think that will put it at 1910, my machines number is not far off from yours and its a 1910 and its a Singer casting.

Billy

Weedwoman 10-07-2011 03:37 AM

I think that will put it at 1910, my machines number is not far off from yours and its a 1910 and its a Singer casting.

Billy

I must be confused on how to find the number. I went to the no letter prefix and found my number to be in the 1879 group. What am I doing wrong to miss the date so far? thanks

twinkie 10-07-2011 03:37 AM

Billy, did you get a chance to see the photo of my 1852 Grover and Baker treadle? It is posted on page 1649. I would like to know your thoughts on it. I had never seen a machine like that. And I know that you are the sewing machine expert. Thanks in advance.

Billy

Lostn51 10-07-2011 03:51 AM

Billy

I must be confused on how to find the number. I went to the no letter prefix and found my number to be in the 1879 group. What am I doing wrong to miss the date so far? thanks

Singer never recorded the 9W numbers or if they did they were lost in the mix. Issac Singer was the type not to waste anything at all and that is how the 9W came around. The reason he had the engineers recast the machines was so that they would fit the standard Singer treadle cabinet. Before they had to use all of the left over W&W cabinets and when they ran out of parts they just kept on until they realized it was not selling as well as the 66 and 15.

Billy