Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

vintagemotif 11-04-2011 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl (Post 4630616)
The other part of my DH's questions this morning was the same you've all heard "how many sewing machines do you need?" My reply: One is my air compressor, one is my bench grinder, one is my table saw, one is my drill press, one is my circular saw..." He sweetly answered "I know, I know and also my street bike & dirt bike". End of subject...for today at least LOL

LOL My husband asks if there are any new free machines out there needing to be rescued for the day. I have no space, but he thinks its cool that I like to rescue them. He states they make the home cozier, adds additional character to the backroom that has turned into the sewing room.

jljack 11-04-2011 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 4630559)
I guess we all have this problem with our spouses but they keep following us home. What's a person to do but let them in the house.:D

:thumbup: True!!! LOL

Charlee 11-04-2011 09:06 AM

I guess we all have this problem with our spouses but they keep following us home. What's a person to do but let them in the house.:D

I know, right? I mean, how does one ignore the machine that once gave someone a way to supply her family with clothing and bedding? They HAVE to come home with me! ;)

Glenn 11-04-2011 09:23 AM

To many machines

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 4630731)
I know, right? I mean, how does one ignore the machine that once gave someone a way to supply her family with clothing and bedding? They HAVE to come home with me! ;)

The problem I have is that I have the table saw, band saw. comp. etc. Not to mention my 1949 Chrysler Windsor.:o

Weedwoman 11-04-2011 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Derla (Post 4630370)
The cabinet needs a LOT of work - maybe even replacing. I do like the feature of the 'chair'slipping right into the front of the sewing machine cabinet. The sewing machine need a lot of cleaning up, but she purrs along so quietly!! I love the sound of her. Right now she is in our freezing cold garage - hope to get her into the warm house when our sons get here.

I like that cabinet and I'm trying to get my husband to take on the project of making me one like it just because he can and it's such an oddity. I like the compact looks of it when all folded up. I keep telling him it would make a really good indoor winter project since he has a heated workshop. We'll see.

quiltdoctor 11-04-2011 09:38 AM

There is a Yahoo group you can join called Necchi sewing Machine club. It is a group for Italian made Necchis. They have manuals you can download and lots of information. You can get any questions answered there to. It also has a good file on cleaning the insides of the machine.
You got a good buy. I got a Necchi BU Mira and cabinet on Freecycle. Cleaned it all up and rewired it. I love it.
Judy[/QUOTE]

I'm glad to know about this group because I have recently received a Necchi Supernova BU and I really need the manual to make sure it is working properly. Thanks for sharing !!

Texas Jan

BZ quilting 11-04-2011 10:05 AM

I am still not receiving notices of posts in the Vintage Shop, and have tried things people have said. :(

Bennett 11-04-2011 11:01 AM

Is it bad that when I first saw this, I read it as "they" meaning spouses?? :) I guess there is one advantage to just having pets around. They think everything I drag home is wonderful and great fun to smell! :D

Lostn51 11-04-2011 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 4630800)
The problem I have is that I have the table saw, band saw. comp. etc. Not to mention my 1949 Chrysler Windsor.:o

Glenn my dad bought a '38 Cadillac LaSalle yesterday and the guy gave him 3 Fords 2 1950 coupes and a 1951 4 door. He called me up and told me that I can have the three Fords if we can build one of them together. So it looks like I will have a father/son project going building another hot rod.

Thats not to mention the 4 machines that I bought the other day that I have to go pick up this weekend.

Billy

Glenn 11-04-2011 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51 (Post 4631278)
Glenn my dad bought a '38 Cadillac LaSalle yesterday and the guy gave him 3 Fords 2 1950 coupes and a 1951 4 door. He called me up and told me that I can have the three Fords if we can build one of them together. So it looks like I will have a father/son project going building another hot rod.

Thats not to mention the 4 machines that I bought the other day that I have to go pick up this weekend.

Billy

Oh Billy what a wonderful project for you and your Dad. My son and I have so much fun working on our cars together. I can't think of a better thing for fathers and son to do together. He cleans sewing machines pretty good to. We always finish the afternoon with a bar-b-que and beer with the whole family and grandkids to play with to. I am glad you are feeling better and are up to doing a few things now.:thumbup: