Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Bennett 11-12-2011 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 4669124)
http://louisville.craigslist.org/bab/2691505573.html
WHY OH WHY does Louisville have to be so far away.... This one is really cool
BTW there are real nice 301s on CL in Cincinnati Ohio and in Dayton Ohio - also too far today...

Think I saw one of those little Singers at an estate sale today, with the clamp. Marked $125. The other "1930s Singer" they had was a Red Eye in a case, for the outstanding price of $225. Not even a bentwood case either. Decals were nice though.

miriam 11-12-2011 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by jeanharville (Post 4670620)
I love this group and although I have only one Singer treadle, I eavesdrop on your conversations and enjoy every minute of it and learn a lot. Thanks for being hear.

Glad to have you around! Just be careful not to get any sewing machine oil on your hands, it gets in your blood and then you will want to start fixing sewing machines. The next thing you know you won't have any room to move around in your house.

MisDixie 11-12-2011 01:03 PM

So thats how I've gotten into this! Maybe we should have a warning lable for oil cans! LOL

QU=miriam;4671232]Glad to have you around! Just be careful not to get any sewing machine oil on your hands, it gets in your blood and then you will want to start fixing sewing machines. The next thing you know you won't have any room to move around in your house.[/QUOTE]

Bennett 11-12-2011 01:11 PM

Estate Sell Therapy

1 Attachment(s)
Well...just as I was about to pull out of my drive way, turn the radio up, and point my little car to the big city, got a message from my 301 seller--the machine was not to be. :( Story was that the it was "given" to her by a lady who saw the CL ad and wanted it back. I'm thinking :rolleyes: likely story. Oh well...one will come my way. Probably just a karmic way of letting me know I should hit a couple of estate sales so I could bring home some funky retro fabric.

It's not a 301, but it does have black in it! There's probably a yard of the dots, and the roses have at least 4 yards. The color looks more blue than it is, should be a black background. No idea of the date, not even sure if it's 100% cotton, but it made me happy. I think I might try to make my sister and cutie-pie niece matching aprons with the roses. Apparently my niece is getting her own kitchen set for Christmas.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]286867[/ATTACH]

miriam 11-12-2011 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bennett (Post 4671287)
Well...just as I was about to pull out of my drive way, turn the radio up, and point my little car to the big city, got a message from my 301 seller--the machine was not to be. :( Story was that the it was "given" to her by a lady who saw the CL ad and wanted it back. I'm thinking :rolleyes: likely story. Oh well...one will come my way. Probably just a karmic way of letting me know I should hit a couple of estate sales so I could bring home some funky retro fabric.

I have learned to go get the machine asap - within an hour of a call - unless it is after dark - then I go early in the morning.

Bennett 11-12-2011 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 4671319)
I have learned to go get the machine asap - within an hour of a call - unless it is after dark - then I go early in the morning.

Oh yeah, I'm kind of kicking myself now for turning down my sister and BIL's offer to go get it the next day. One of these days I'll learn not to be so stubborn and let other people help me out now and then! :)

vintagemotif 11-12-2011 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Bennett (Post 4671287)

It's not a 301, but it does have black in it! There's probably a yard of the dots, and the roses have at least 4 yards. The color looks more blue than it is, should be a black background. No idea of the date, not even sure if it's 100% cotton, but it made me happy. I think I might try to make my sister and cutie-pie niece matching aprons with the roses. Apparently my niece is getting her own kitchen set for Christmas.

That would make a very nice gift! Aprons are always fun to make.

Weedwoman 11-12-2011 02:28 PM

DH got the 201 for $25.00 and it purrs like a kitten and so quiet. Needs a little cleaning (tape on needleplate for seam guide gunk). Came with 2 bobbins, standard foot, zipper foot, needles, screw drivers and the ladies daughter is gonna send us the book that goes with it. So, I'm happy with my new addition since I didn't have a 201. And the cabinet is real nice too, not fancy but nice.

miriam 11-12-2011 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Weedwoman (Post 4671531)
DH got the 201 for $25.00 and it purrs like a kitten and so quiet. Needs a little cleaning (tape on needleplate for seam guide gunk). Came with 2 bobbins, standard foot, zipper foot, needles, screw drivers and the ladies daughter is gonna send us the book that goes with it. So, I'm happy with my new addition since I didn't have a 201. And the cabinet is real nice too, not fancy but nice.

Good deal. Sew-classic has info how to clean the pot for the motor.

Glenn 11-12-2011 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 4671232)
Glad to have you around! Just be careful not to get any sewing machine oil on your hands, it gets in your blood and then you will want to start fixing sewing machines. The next thing you know you won't have any room to move around in your house.

So that is what is wrong with me, I have sewind machine oil in my blood no wonder I keep bringing these machines home.;)