Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

jljack 11-16-2011 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 4685530)
Wow...on both the machine and the base! You've done a fantastic job!
When you repaint, will you stick with black and maybe decal it or will you go with a color?

Great job, Jan, and I am excited to see what you do to that machine. I love the work you have done with the wood top.

vintagemotif 11-16-2011 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Weedwoman (Post 4685443)
Name change on the 201. I was going to call her Ethel after the lady who owned her forever but have decided to call her Elaine after the lady's daughter because if she hadn't decided to sell the 201, I wouldn't have her. BTW, she sews like a dream. I'm making a miniature quilt on her for her first project. I so need a larger room for my machines. I had to put my 15-91 away to be able to use my 201 and I love them both. What's a girl to do?

I know your feeling...so wanting another room with better natural light. I told you that you would love sewing with the 201s. They run so smooth and make beautiful stitches. Enjoy!

vintagemotif 11-16-2011 10:31 AM

[QUOTE=BoJangles;4685487]

Originally Posted by Kathie S. (Post 4684540)

Sorry Kathie, I am going to miss Girls Night Out again! A friend and I are going to see the Buck Brannaman movie, "Buck" Saturday evening!

Next month, I will be there!

Nancy

This movie looks interesting! I'm going to have to see it when it come on Netflix.

jljack 11-16-2011 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by grannysewer (Post 4686190)
Glenn, do you remember how far back you posted the spool pin covers? I think my daughter wants to try some. thanks, bobbie

What spool pin covers? I searched and couldnt find them.

vintagemotif 11-16-2011 10:52 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I did it again. This was was calling for HELP! Rescue me! The poor child was screaming help me!
This machine was purchased as a restoration project that never got done.
Someone started to clean the machine and silvered some of the decals, oh well...what is done is done.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]288223[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]288224[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]288225[/ATTACH]

This isn't the worst cabinet that I have picked up, but this will be the worst one that I restore. I have the other drawer pulls in one of the drawers.
I have NO idea where I'm going to put this machine...but I'm looking forward to cleaning her up.

chris_quilts 11-16-2011 10:53 AM

Crocheted Spool Pin Covers

Am not Glenn but found the pattern. I hope this helps.

Use steel crochet hook #7 and of course crochet thread.

Chain 10, slip stitch in last chain to make the circle.
Round 1-Chain three double crochet twice(first double crochet cluster) chain three, double crochet three times,chain three repeat five times. you will have have six double crohet clusters with chain three between each one.
Round 2-slip stitch to the middle double crochet, chain six,slip stich in the center of next cluster repeat aroung bind off.
If you have any question just ask.
Glenn.

vintagemotif 11-16-2011 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts (Post 4686533)
Am not Glenn but found the pattern. I hope this helps.

Use steel crochet hook #7 and of course crochet thread.

Chain 10, slip stitch in last chain to make the circle.
Round 1-Chain three double crochet twice(first double crochet cluster) chain three, double crochet three times,chain three repeat five times. you will have have six double crohet clusters with chain three between each one.
Round 2-slip stitch to the middle double crochet, chain six,slip stich in the center of next cluster repeat aroung bind off.
If you have any question just ask.
Glenn.

Thanks! I want to make some too! They look so rich and elegant on top of the vintage machines.

Nanamoms 11-16-2011 12:03 PM

Really like the looks of this machine and table!

It is very simple and clean (streamlined) looking! Would fit in well with the way I decorate...as if that matters when it comes to vintage machines!! LOL

Glenn 11-16-2011 12:35 PM

Glad you guys found the intructions to my spool pin covers this was my own design and was fun to make. I use them on all my machines. I was looking thru my crochet patterns and realized the the center of many of these doilies can be used as spool pin covers. I am going to try some so not all machines will have the same cover. Glad you guys like them it seems to add the extra touch to these old ladies.

Weedwoman 11-16-2011 12:50 PM

needle threadere

2 Attachment(s)
Does anybody have a clue how these old needle threaders work?