Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

greenini 12-26-2011 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 4809897)
Merry Christmas Everyone!!

Santa was good to me, and brought me exactly what I was wanting... :) Meet Buzz!!

So glad, congratulations and hope you and Buzz are very happy together..show us some projects!

Kathie S. 12-26-2011 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor (Post 4812516)
Length is 20", width is 11" height is 10-1/2" top hinges are on the right side, slots are 6-1/4" center to center

Texas Jan

Thank you so much. Kathie

Charlee 12-26-2011 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by greenini (Post 4812743)
So glad, congratulations and hope you and Buzz are very happy together..show us some projects!

You mean I'm supposed to actually SEW on these????? :D

Charlee 12-26-2011 02:25 PM

Question...why are you not supposed to sew on one of the cam machines (403-500A etc.) without a cam in the machine?

jljack 12-26-2011 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 4808383)
It's another boy! Abram 7lbs 14 oz. C-section. 2:45 Christmas Eve. We are on our way out the door...

Wow, Miriam, this has been a very busy few days for you!!

Hope everyone had a blessed Christmas!! We have been moving Mom in with us since last Wednesday.....what a chore! But I am so glad she is here. Now I can stop worrying!!

Charlee 12-26-2011 05:37 PM

Been there, done that Janice...you have a rough row to hoe ahead of you, but it should smooth out into routine soon!

jljack 12-26-2011 06:10 PM

Thanks, Charlee. I'm sure things will quiet down when we get her house sold and all the stuff passed out to the family or sold. She's fine with all this, but my sister is having a hard time with it all...tears and really emotional moments when going through stuff. That's not me...I'm not sentimental about "stuff"!! And Mom isn't really either. Anyway, we'll get through it, and she and my DH get along well, so that makes everything really easier!!

I'm putting up pics of the treadle my DH refinished the cabinet, showing all the steps he did. I'll put them under Treadle Cabinet Refinishing Project. It came out so great. He put the 15 back in it that came with it, but I want my 66-1 in it, so some time in the next couple of weeks I'll have him trade them out. I'm putting them up now. Be back later!! :-)

miriam 12-26-2011 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 4812864)
Question...why are you not supposed to sew on one of the cam machines (403-500A etc.) without a cam in the machine?

It is BS - you can sew on it without a cam - there are older machines that you can't - some blogger posted that. It is however the best way to keep track of the zig zag cam for the 403... LOL

jljack 12-26-2011 06:46 PM

Forgot to mention that the 15 sews great! It was really dirty, but as soon as I cleaned it some and threaded it up and fiddled with the tension, she was sewing great. I don't know her name yet....she's busy looking around the sewing room and hasn't told me yet!! LOL.....they are fun to get to know, aren't they??

jljack 12-26-2011 06:47 PM

I talked to the owner of that other Davis in the L.A. area, and I hope I can get down there this week to get it. DH doesn't have a clue, so I'll have to be creative on how I handle this!! We really don't have room....what to do, what to do???

Did Candace get the Davis from the Bay area? Candace...pics please!!