Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Grannyh67 12-26-2011 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 4809897)
Merry Christmas Everyone!!

Santa was good to me, and brought me exactly what I was wanting... :) Meet Buzz!!

So happy for you, it is beautiful!!!!!

miriam 12-26-2011 07:01 PM

Just a stupid question - are all Davis machines vertical feed?

jljack 12-26-2011 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 4813622)
Just a stupid question - are all Davis machines vertical feed?

No...they made regular style with feed dogs some time after 1900...not sure when.

Charlee 12-26-2011 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 4813555)
It is BS - you can sew on it without a cam - there are older machines that you can't - some blogger posted that. It is however the best way to keep track of the zig zag cam for the 403... LOL

I'm finally getting a zero cam! :) William went on ebay and bought me cams 0 thru 21....they should be here sometime in the first week of January. :) Got a few attachments at Goodwill the other day, still need some of them, but will pick them up here and there... :)

Thanks Miriam! You musta read the same blog I did!! I thought it seemed strange that the person said you shouldn't EVER stitch without a cam on board, when the manuals say nothing of the sort!

Candace 12-26-2011 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by jljack (Post 4813582)
I talked to the owner of that other Davis in the L.A. area, and I hope I can get down there this week to get it. DH doesn't have a clue, so I'll have to be creative on how I handle this!! We really don't have room....what to do, what to do???

Did Candace get the Davis from the Bay area? Candace...pics please!!

Nope, wasn't me:> Though I'm still hunting for a Lady Kenmore model 89!

Charlee 12-26-2011 09:58 PM

I'll keep my eyes open for one for you Candace, if you would want to ship it, that is....shouldn't be that much from Oregon to the Bay area, I wouldn't think...
If you do want me to look, what's your top $ for one?

Candace 12-26-2011 10:06 PM

Thanks, Charlee! I don't know if I've ever seen one for sale without the table. I'd really like a portable one...I don't know if they made them as portables, though:< I would love to get one for under $100 in good condition. I don't know if that's doable either! :>

Charlee 12-26-2011 10:26 PM

~grin~ I'll bet it is...I'm on a mission now!! And you're not that far away, might just have to arrange for you to pick it up, or for it to be delivered...William's dad lives in Lodi...

Candace 12-26-2011 11:42 PM

Lodi is just a skip from me. We've not been to Oregon for a few years but someday I'd love to see your collection. I think my husband needs a reality check(there are others out there like me!). I actually enjoy Lodi a lot, it's a NICE town. I know it's probably a city, but it sure feels more like a town. Thanks Charlee, the more eyes the better! I live near Sacramento...

miriam 12-27-2011 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by jljack (Post 4813682)
No...they made regular style with feed dogs some time after 1900...not sure when.

If the Davis machines are not all vertical feed, how can you tell from a CL ad which ones do and which ones do not have VF?