Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

deplaylady 09-28-2011 06:09 AM

There is a hand crank in my CL, but I know that the needles are hard to find - I know because I have a Minnesota B (and I am very happy with the hand crank I made out of my $20 15-30.) But still I am curious about his over machine that he says he has... anyone know what a German Wertheim handcrank is?

http://rochester.craigslist.org/atq/2618921267.html

Quilt Mom 09-28-2011 06:17 AM

If you goggle wertheim sewing machine, there are a lot of pics that come up under images. If he has one of those, it might be worth your time to look. Ask for the pics. Who knows? maybe he is holding a treasure you need to have!

justtrish 09-28-2011 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Scotlass

Originally Posted by justtrish

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Okay just to mess with you guys a bit but I just picked up a MOP F&R off of CL today!! I will post photos of it when it gets here but I am waiting for the confirmation of address to send my BIL to go get it for me. And yes it is a hand crank!

Billy

You picked up a ??? F?&R? from craigslist :)

Can someone translate this coded message please? Lol

Well the F & R refers to Frister & Rossman - a german machine and the MOP means Mother of Pearl which is in the design. I have a F&R hand crank, as well, and they are quite decorative and slick machines, just don't have the easy access to parts and needles as Singers or other domestics.
:mrgreen:

Thank you!

justtrish 09-28-2011 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee

Okay just to mess with you guys a bit but I just picked up a MOP F&R off of CL today!! I will post photos of it when it gets here but I am waiting for the confirmation of address to send my BIL to go get it for me. And yes it is a hand crank!

Billy

Frister & Rossmann with Mother of Pearl inlays....

:)

Weedwoman 09-28-2011 07:08 AM

Do all the model 15 machines take the same bobbin?

lovelyl 09-28-2011 07:33 AM

Billy

Sounds fantastic, need pics!

deplaylady 09-28-2011 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by lovelyl

Billy

Sounds fantastic, need pics!

Can't wait to see it! :-)

quiltdoctor 09-28-2011 07:56 AM

I just put the Nelco sewing machine up for sale on the Board, if anyone is interested.

Texas Jan

Charlee 09-28-2011 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Weedwoman
Do all the model 15 machines take the same bobbin?

They all take a class 15 bobbin, yes. However....my FW also takes a class 15, but I can't use the bobbins from my FW in my 15-91 for some reason....

Candace 09-28-2011 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
I just put the Nelco sewing machine up for sale on the Board, if anyone is interested.

Texas Jan

You have to be a regular member to sell anything here. I'm guessing your for sale post was deleted.