Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

miriam 12-31-2011 03:28 PM

I'm signed up for Ray White's class - Christmas present!!!!! I have a couple machines that have me stumped.
Happy New Year to everybody! I'm not much into celebrating - We'll probably turn in before too late and hope I sleep through the fire works.

Bennett 12-31-2011 05:35 PM

What a nice present!

Happy New Year everyone. I hope I continue to learn as much from y'all next year as I have in the last several months since finding this board. :)

Glenn 12-31-2011 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by miriam (Post 4827981)
Glen, I am really challenged with shrinking the pictures to fit on this new set up... It is missing the stitch regulator and something is dangling down under - wwwaaaaaahhhhhhhhh I tried sending the lastest pics to Charlee - she shrunk them now I am having trouble figuring out where they went...

you can sent the original pics of the Vindex to my email if you want.

Crossstitcher 12-31-2011 08:10 PM

Happy New Year to everyone. Hope the new year treats everyone well. Wonder how many machines will find new home in the coming year.
Happy Treadling everyone.

irishrose 12-31-2011 08:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ah, Miz Johnny, my thread never tangles, but on a 301 the bobbin runs out often when FMQ. Happy New Year to y'all.

AnnieRose's (301) latest - 1000 yards of thread and not one bird's nest or stitching issue. She may not be a pretty treadle, but she knows how to sew. BTW, the blue and gold were high school colors. I didn't just pull fabric from my stash. My son was pleased.

quilt addict 12-31-2011 09:26 PM

Happy New Year everyone. I know for those on the east coast you are already there. I don't plan on staying up for the actual ball drop for the west coast. I got my treadle cleared off to do the new years day online mystery quilt. So tomorrow is a sewing day.

Charlee 12-31-2011 09:29 PM

Happy New Year Everyone! :)
We're off and running in the am.... 6 hour drive to the spousal unit's mom's for a few days.... she's one of my favorite junkin' buddies, I'm pretty sure that we're going to have a good time!! :)

Be safe, be happy!!

MisDixie 12-31-2011 09:33 PM

Happy New Year to all from the NWT, Canada! Got a few hours before its 2012 here, our town will bring it in with fireworks that hopefully I can watch from a window in the warmth of my bedroom. Want to thank you all for the wonderfull info and pictures on this feed. I love seeing and reading it all. And keep sending those links to the dreamers, where ever they may be! They give me my laugh for the day!
All the best for all of you in 2012, MisDixie

Celeste 01-01-2012 12:19 AM

Happy New Year!

I still have to stay up for about another hour. . . Started a pie too late.

irishrose Those are great quilts!

I've been seeing beautifully refinished treadle cabinets and cleaned machines.

Mirriam, how is Wilbur and your newest grandson and parents.

redmadder 01-01-2012 03:38 AM

Happy New Year, ya'll. Sometime I cannot believe the affection I feel for you all. There's alway something to learn and share. My resolution is to contribute more, have to solve the loading picture, posting puzzle.