Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Charlee 01-21-2012 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles (Post 4895579)
Charlee did you paint the fabric squares? I know I already asked, but I don't think you answered? I was curious if they are decoupage or you painted them? They look painted to me, and if so you are very talented!

Nancy

I'm sorry Nancy, I missed the question! Yes, I painted the squares... and thank you! :)

Crossstitcher 01-21-2012 06:49 AM

Melinda, Sorry about the passing of your mother. But, like the others have said she will always be with you in memory. One day you will see or hear something that reminds you of something you and your mother laughed about or talked about. I know because my mom passed away in 02 and I remember little things like that.

Miz Johnny 01-21-2012 07:20 AM

Just--wow.

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 4895590)
I'm sorry Nancy, I missed the question! Yes, I painted the squares... and thank you! :)

sew wishful 01-21-2012 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by melinda1962 (Post 4894704)
Charlee, I am sorry about the loss of your sister. I hope time heals your hurt. I need healing time myself, as my mom passed away on the 17th. Her cancer was too farspread, and she had other underlying conditions, that were too much for her body to handle. We had the funeral yesterday, and she would have liked it. She had a special quilt that she had made for herself for naps that we used as a drape on her casket, instead of flowers. It looked so appropriate. It was then presented to my older daughter because she was her grandmother's most helpful workers(pedicures, floor cleaning, doctor visits). I will miss her so much. We did a lot of things together. I know it will get better, but right now it is not.

Oh, Melinda....I am so sorry for your loss! I'm hear to tell you that it does get better...it's been 5 years since God called my mom home and I still have thoughts..."Oh, I need to call mom and let her know...." and it hits me again. Now, though, I laugh instead of cry. I think of her so often...my oldest daughter just lived a block from her and did everything she could for "gramma". Including her finances. She got gramma's diamond ring and still wears it. Each of us four daughters got quilt tops found in four cedar chests mom had picked up for each of us. She was planning ahead...something we all should do. Your pain will ease and as said before...she's in no pain now. Revel in that fact alone and keep the good memories close. Praying for healing for your broken heart.

Candace 01-21-2012 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles (Post 4895535)
Candace, my hat is off to you! How large are these quilts? They must be at least lap quilts! That is a lot of work. I have been doing a lot of Quilt as you Go on large lap quilts, but I have not done a larger than lap FM for some time. I have a long arm so if I am doing a queen/king sized quilt I always do it on the long arm. Before I got my long arm, I did several queen/king sized quilts with my Pfaff 1222e on the dinning room table! I really enjoyed the quilting of these large quilts, but it took me a month to get one done so I had to time them between family events so the table was free! I could never work for 10 hours straight FM quilting! I'd do a couple hours and go play then come back and do a couple hours! The reason I quit doing the large quilts was the pinning! It took me 4 hours of sitting on the floor pinning a quilt! Hard on the back! Like I said my hat is off to any of you who sit for hours free motion quilting - and those of you who pin for hours on the floor!

Nancy

They are crib size to lap size and yes, I spend a lot of time pinning. I hate the spray baste stuff. I pine for a long arm, but I just got my expensive Bernina less than 2 years ago so have to earn my "points" again:> We have one in college at Cal Poly SLO and another soon to be...so a long arm is going to have to wait. I'm still young enough to crawl around on the floor for a few hours. Though I do feel it when I get up! Yes, a long arm will be the dream machine and I would love to never have to pin again!

purplefiend 01-21-2012 11:41 AM

Bricks flannel baby quilt

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my latest charity baby quilt.

Charlee 01-21-2012 03:22 PM

Love the bright colors of it Sharon! :) You do good work!

Glenn 01-21-2012 03:24 PM

Hey Charlee, I like your new avatar. Looking better all the time. Pat said you look like a very happy persons in this pic.

Charlee 01-21-2012 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 4897173)
Hey Charlee, I like your new avatar. Looking better all the time. Pat said you look like a very happy persons in this pic.

I try to be happy Glenn! Thank you to you and Pat! :) (I was happy in this one, had just had a great dinner and we were at an ice cream shop pigging out! LOL )

purplefiend 01-21-2012 03:57 PM

Charlee,
Thank you!
Sharon