Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

jljack 02-06-2012 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 4941384)
OMG! I was just talking to the spousal unit and telling him which machines I was planning to post and everytime I would point one out, he'd say, "but you wanted that one"... "we worked hard on that one"..."that was your first one"...."I don't know, it's pretty cute..." and finally, "What's wrong with making a couple of payments on the credit card?"
I get to keep my babies!!
~happy dance~ I think he loves me!! :D

Spoiled!!! Yes you are!! Spoiled!! Hahahaha!!!:D:D:D

jljack 02-06-2012 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Candace (Post 4942222)
If anyone is in the San Diego area, this is a cool table. Must either be a Pfaff or Necchi table... http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/fuo/2832026785.html

Must be sold...the ad is gone now.

vintagemotif 02-06-2012 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Bennett (Post 4942429)
Oh, and on the apple core quilt, spotted this little gem for Miriam:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]308937[/ATTACH]

I like the fabrics in the axehead or apple core quilt. But I must be the only person on this planet that dislikes this pattern since it reminds me of a woman's sanitary napkin.

vintagemotif 02-06-2012 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 4946465)
This was my lucky day. Pat and I went out to eat and then stop by our favorite antique shop. I came home with a complete set of attachments for the my 319 including the plates and three needles in the original singer packet for 206x13 needles. It was only 4 bucks. I was a happy camper today. Thanks to Miriam I now scan do anything the manual says I Can.:thumbup:

Congrats!!! That's an excellent find!

Charlee 02-06-2012 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by jljack (Post 4948262)
Spoiled!!! Yes you are!! Spoiled!! Hahahaha!!!:D:D:D

:D :D :D That thought DID cross my mind, but I pushed it away!! ~giggle~

Charlee 02-06-2012 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif (Post 4948417)
I like the fabrics in the axehead or apple core quilt. But I must be the only person on this planet that dislikes this pattern since it reminds me of a woman's sanitary napkin.

LMAO!! No...I don't like that pattern either, but could never put my finger on why...I think you nailed it!! :D

Charlee 02-06-2012 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 4946465)
This was my lucky day. Pat and I went out to eat and then stop by our favorite antique shop. I came home with a complete set of attachments for the my 319 including the plates and three needles in the original singer packet for 206x13 needles. It was only 4 bucks. I was a happy camper today. Thanks to Miriam I now scan do anything the manual says I Can.:thumbup:

YAY! I love it when a machine "set" comes together!! :) Have fun playing!

vintagemotif 02-06-2012 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by BoJangles (Post 4947520)
Bennett, that was the right thing to do - I bet the niece wanted the machine because she remember using it herself with her mother or at least watching Mom use the machine. Great thing you did for the niece! Another 319w will come up.

Nancy

I agree, there will always be another-yours!

Crossstitcher 02-06-2012 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif (Post 4948417)

I never liked that pattern either and I don't care for the bow tie pattern.

vintagemotif 02-06-2012 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by footlooseman (Post 4944922)
I am in Ukraine with my friend and she knows that I love collecting vintage sewing machines.

The Soviets sure had some interesting sewing machines such as the Tikka (looks like a Singer 15) that was made in Finland, which I wanted to take home except it's a treadle and I can't see taking that on the airplane. [ATTACH=CONFIG]309118[/ATTACH]

I would have carried that Tikka, 15 sewing machine head home with me. I would have tossed some clothes for that machine. It would replace my singer 15. Love the bird!